Help Us Change Lives
Auberle Seeks: Development Associate
Auberle is a growing, nationally recognized, award winning human service organization that serves 4,000 individuals and families each year. Auberle staff is comprised of passionate individuals who are committed to finding the most innovative ways to solve our community’s most difficult problems. Auberle is committed to working to build and sustain and equitable and inclusive work environment, and world, where cultural diversity is celebrated and valued. We believe diversity benefits and enriches the development of all! Our staff have voted us as a Top Workplace by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette for 9 years in a row. Auberle operates over 20 programs in 16 Western PA counties with 200 staff and a $16M+ budget.
We are seeking a passionate Development Associate to play an important role in executing foundation requests, annual appeals, strategies to steward relationships with investors and participating in all fundraising activities, including marketing and communications. The ideal candidate will be gregarious, detail oriented, and can flex between different projects quickly. Our development team is integral in spreading the mission of Auberle, and helping our innovative team be able to make the measurable impact that they do in our community!
Key Objectives of this Role:
- Play essential role in grant writing including but not limited to, conducting preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation and federal funding opportunities, prepare proposals and follow-up reports and maintain all foundation files
- Act as relationship manager for a group of donors, as agreed upon with the Director of Development, to drive their cultivation and engagement with Auberle
- Support overall operations for the department by creating weekly and monthly fundraising reports as well as other database reports as needed
- Assist with all aspects of event management including but not limited to maintaining guest lists, gathering and preparing registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events
- Market the agency using outcome data to regularly communicate with donors, referral agencies, key decision makers, clients and volunteers
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors and 2 years of related development experience OR Associates and 4 years of related development experience OR We will review resumes and experience of those who do not have the formal education requirements but have 8+ years of on-the-job development/fundraising/donor relations experience
- Ability to obtain preemployment Act 33/34 clearances (criminal and child abuse) as well as FBI clearance
- Exhibit strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Familiar with various social media platforms
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate passion for the Auberle mission of working with children and families
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, performance-based environment
- Strong customer service skills
Auberle offers excellent training opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package:
- Competitive Salary – ($40,000 – $45,000; Negotiable to base on experience)
- Paid Vacation Days (increases with tenure)
- Paid Sick Days (Accrual per pay period)
- 11 Paid Holidays (including the day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & optional Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance
- Optional Supplemental Insurances
- 403 B with an employer match
- Educational Assistance
- Ability to apply for public service loan forgiveness
If you are highly motivated, passionate about helping others, and want to help change the world… be sure to apply!
*Random drug testing may be conducted to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace
**This is meant to be an idea of the work and is not a complete job description.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.