Help Us Change Lives: Auberle Seeks Director of Development
Auberle is a growing, nationally recognized, award winning human service organization that serves 4,000 individuals and families each year. Auberle’s staff is comprised of passionate individuals who are committed to finding the most innovative ways to solve our community’s most difficult problems. Our staff have voted us as a Top Workplace by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette for eight years in a row. Auberle operates over 20 programs in 16 Western PA counties with 200 staff and a $16M budget.
At Auberle, development is about capitalizing on the growth and momentum of our services that strengthen and build families and communities in Western PA. Auberle added 9 new programs in 2020 during the pandemic! We are looking for a versatile development professional who is ambitious and wants to use their skills to change the world! We are also looking for someone who can use a balanced development approach to keep moving toward fundraising goals even as our world continually changes!
We envision our top candidate for the Director of Development position understands the foundations of development, and how those fundamentals work within different sectors of giving. Successful candidates will need to be comfortable with leading a team in day-to-day development activities, as well as creating long-term strategies to impact giving, and will thrive on multiple priorities given our growth initiatives. The ability to understand our stakeholders and connect with what drives their engagement is a must. A candidate with strong cultivation and closing skills, and who can lead their team as they teach those skills, would be an ideal fit. Overall, we are looking for a leader who is a self-starter with great communication skills, someone who is friendly and warm and can use those attributes to raise awareness, funds, and friends to support the mission. If you are a mission motivated person who loves the rewarding challenges that nonprofit development presents, we want to hear from you.
Key Objectives of this Role
- Create and execute a comprehensive development plan that utilizes performance metrics in conjunction with the agency Strategic Plan.
- Expand our network to increase the number of individual and corporate donors and our level of unrestricted donations to support innovation by establishing and sustaining internal and external relationships.
- Lead and inspire the development team with positive reinforcement and help them develop their skills and abilities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience & Five or more years of experience: Fundraising, Marketing; Managing staff and budgets; Performance-based organizations; or Mission-based environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management concepts, multitasking ability, and decision-making skills
- Apply for and obtain Act 33/34 clearances as well as FBI clearance pre-employment
- Proven ability in development strategy
- Demonstrated skill in networking strategies and network building
- Experience in Human Service development
Auberle offers excellent training opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 403 B Retirement Plan with an employer match
- Paid Vacation Days (increases with tenure)
- Paid Sick Days (Accrual per pay period)
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Pre-Tax Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts Available
- Educational Assistance
If you are highly motivated, passionate about youth and ready to help change the world – be sure to apply!
*Random drug testing may be conducted to maintain a safe and drug-free workplace
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.