August Wilson African American Cultural Center
Website August Wilson African American Cultural Center
POSITION SUMMARY: The Vice President of Finance provides financial leadership with the responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and contributing to all financial activities of the organization. This position requires an organized and well-versed individual in all aspects of AWAACC operations and the ability to multi-task with accuracy.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate fiscal functions and performance.
- Set and enforce all accounting policies and procedures and confirm adherence to US GAAP.
- Establish and lead the annual budget process, as well as provide management with ongoing review and feedback.
- Develop, monitor and revise budgets along with Controller and Business Analyst; and work closely with the President & CEO and Management Team to oversee annual budgets and prepare forecasts.
- Lead Capitalization efforts
- Oversee annual Audit efforts
- Generate monthly financial reports, including trend and exception reports, for the CEO, Treasurer and Board. Provide accurate and insightful information regarding the financial status and health of AWAACC
- Analyze revenue and debt and provide recommendations and potential solutions.
- Serve as the primary liaison with the Finance Committee Chair and Treasurer
- Serve as the liaison and represent the AWAACC in the Shared Services initiative with Cultural District institutions and nationally with other PACs
- Develop and update internal Fiscal Policies that reflect best practices in compliance with all funding and regulatory bodies.
- Coordinate all forecasting and cashflow processes, providing recommendations and improvements as needed.
- Develop short term and long term financial strategy for the healthy sustainability of the organization
- Develop credibility for accounting/finance by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports to assist the President and CEO and Board of Directors in their job responsibilities.
- Ensure compliance with all banking and governmental requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain a system of internal records.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated experience in not-for-profit accounting and financial management;
- Hands-on experience with payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and banking processes/systems;
- Experience in implementing online solutions
- Previous experience using Tessitura or a similar CRM system
- Previous experience with Sage50 Accounting
- CPA and/or degree in accounting or finance
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles for not-for-profit entities, especially relative to revenue recognition, donor restrictions, grants, and deferrals
- Solid understanding of best practices in not-for-profit financial management control systems
- Ability to manage numerous process/system interfaces with the general ledger
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate sometimes complex financial requirements/processes into simplified terms
- Excellent Excel skills.
Other Skills or Qualities:
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to manage multiple priorities and projects
- The ability to collaborate with a wide variety of people, personalities, and working styles
- Detail-oriented and able to see the larger picture in service of holistic and creative problem solving
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Understanding of how finance responsibilities contribute to AWAACC mission, embody its values, and achieve its long-term vision
- An appreciation for theatre and a the importance of the arts
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com