Awaken Pittsburgh is a young 501(c)(3) working to bring mindfulness-based social and emotional regulation skills to a variety of audiences. We are expanding our programming and growing into new areas. We therefore need a Copywriting Specialist who will help inspire internal and external audiences to take action to further our mission and promote personal and societal transformation.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced copywriter who works alongside the executive director, Marketing Coordinator and social media team of volunteers to help execute the organization’s marketing and communications strategy and accomplishes the daily work needed to support brand efforts and increase recognition of Awaken Pittsburgh impact as a regional leader in mindfulness & meditation.
- Helps to develop and execute the marketing & communications strategy.
- Creates, edits and distributes brand-aligned, clear, concise and impactful public communications.
- Writes, edits, and proofreads text for internal and external communications and publications.
- Assists with communication execution.
- Drafts communications that drive fundraising results, and helps to disseminate.
- Monitors and develops weekly/monthly reporting on communications impact.
- Positive, solutions-oriented with a strong ability to build and develop relationships with internal stakeholders, partners, and teammates.
- Nimble, can-do attitude. Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in order to complete them accurately and on schedule.
- Willingness to embrace change and adapt to strategy on the fly.
- Willingness to listen to feedback from others and find the best ways to incorporate that feedback.
- Flexibility to deal with unanticipated projects.
- Self-motivated, good at taking initiative, and comfortable operating under a degree of ambiguity.
- Passionate about meditation and/or mindfulness and Awaken Pittsburgh’s mission and vision.
- Clear, concise and accurate copywriting skills.
- Experience writing for the web, print brochures, fundraising, and newsletters.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum Requirements: Undergraduate degree in marketing, journalism, communications or related field and 3-5 years of experience.
- A strong understanding of what makes a powerful narrative and how to communicate that narrative across multiple platforms.
- Clear and effective communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Experience working with the press/writing press releases.
- Training and experience in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- Ability to demonstrate the personal and emotional impact of our work, as well as the data surrounding the measurable outcomes.
- Experience managing project details with multiple timelines and deliverables.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Google Drive.
- Proficiency in Excel, including knowledge and understanding of intermediate Excel skills necessary to organize data.
- Strong ability to build and develop relationships with internal & external stakeholders, supporters and teammates.
Awaken Pittsburgh. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and wishes to promote the diversity of our volunteers, subcontractors and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other diverse identity or protected classification.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org