Bach Choir of Pittsburgh
Website Bach Choir of Pittsburgh
Choral performance like you’ve not seen before
The Bach Choir of Pittsburgh presents unique and inspiring interpretations of choral works for arts-loving audiences across the Pittsburgh region. At this time, the Choir seeks a dedicated and passionate individual to become its Managing Director.
The Managing Director plays a key role in the administration of the Choir’s functions via fundraising activities, grant writing, financial duties, marketing initiatives, Board/Choir relations and concert production work. The Managing Director reports directly to the Chair of the Board of Directors and works closely with the Artistic Director and Board and Choir Members, as well as supervises the Communication and Operations Manager.
- Plans, organizes, and directs fundraising activities in collaboration with appropriate
- Prepares and submits reports to foundations, corporations, and government agencies.
- Develops and administers a balanced operating budget and makes financial reports available to the Board.
- Develops marketing plans and audience development campaigns.
- Develops, maintains, and oversees a master plan for all aspects of concert production.
- Maintains administrative systems for the Bach Choir, including, but not limited to, general office management and database record keeping to ensure the smooth and consistent functioning of the organization.
- With the Artistic Director, serves as the public spokesperson for the Choir.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Master’s degree desirable.
- Three to five years demonstrable skills and experience in management, fundraising, and marketing.
- Knowledge of choral music is essential.
- Knowledge of the Pittsburgh-area funding and foundation culture preferred.
- High level of proficiency with Quickbooks, Excel and other MS Office Suite programs.
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm, communicativeness, resourcefulness, and versatility are desired traits.
Hours and Information:
- 30 hours/week. The Managing Director is currently working from home. Post-Covid, the position will most likely be based in Rodef Shalom Congregation, 4905 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 and will include some flexibility and potential for remote working.
- The position calls for some physical effort, stamina, and energy while stationary and/or moving throughout concert and other venues during set-up, performances, and tear-down. Accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Expected hiring date of July 1, 2021 at the earliest.
- The Board of Directors has approved a salary range of $35,000 and $40,000 per annum.
TO APPLY, please e-mail a Cover Letter, Resume, and 3 References (names and contact information) with the subject line MANAGING DIRECTOR RECRUIT to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer directly to the specific qualifications and responsibilities in the job description in the cover letter.
The Bach Choir of Pittsburgh is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com