Bach Choir of Pittsburgh
Website Bach Choir of Pittsburgh
Presenting unique and inspiring interpretations of choral works
The Bach Choir of Pittsburgh presents unique and inspiring interpretations of choral works for arts-loving audiences across the Pittsburgh region. At this time, we seek a dedicated and passionate individual to become its Executive Director. For more information about the choir click here.
The role of the Executive Director is to contribute to and execute the mission of the Choir by working closely with the Artistic Director and Board of Directors to implement the organization’s strategic goals.
The Executive Director is ultimately responsible for all administrative aspects of the organization, including the Development/Fundraising, Marketing, Concert Production, and Finance/Administrative functions of the organization. This individual reports to the Chair of the Board of Directors and supervises the organization’s Marketing and Operations Managers
- Plans, organizes, and directs fundraising activities in collaboration with appropriate
- Prepares, submits, and makes reports to foundations, corporations, and government
- Develops and administers a balanced operating budget and makes financial reports
available to the Board.
- Develops marketing plans and audience development campaigns.
- Develop, maintain, and oversee a master plan for all aspects of concert production.
- Maintains administrative systems for the Bach Choir, including, but not limited to general
office management and database record keeping, to ensure the smooth and consistent functioning of the organization.
- With the Artistic Director, serves as the public spokesperson for the Choir.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; master’s degree desirable.
- Three to five years demonstrable skills and experience in management and supervision.
- Knowledge of choral music is essential.
- Knowledge of the Pittsburgh-area funding and foundation culture preferred.
- High level of proficiency with Quickbooks, Donor management software, Excel and other MS Office Suite programs.
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm, communicativeness, resourcefulness and versatility are desired traits.
Hours and Information
30 hours/week. The Executive Director is currently working from offices at the Pittsburgh Opera, 2425 Liberty Ave Pittsburgh PA 15222 but there is some flexibility and potential for remote working.
The position calls for some physical effort, stamina, and energy while stationary and/or moving throughout concert and other venues during set-up, performances, and tear-down. Accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Board of Directors has approved a salary range of $35,000 and $40,000 per annum. While benefits are not provided some additional compensation to cover the cost of health insurance may be requested.
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and references to Penny Morel, Chair, Board of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Interviews will be scheduled shortly thereafter. The position is expected to begin on or about February 1, 2022, at the earliest.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com