Baldwin Wallace University
Website Baldwin Wallace University
Lifelong Engagement with the Arts
As a member of the Community Arts School (CAS) team, the Associate Director oversees the development and implementation of day-to-day operations for the Community Arts School, fosters a healthy, fun and innovative organizational culture and represents the CAS as a senior level staff member at community events. Will report to the Director of the Community Arts School. Anticipated start date is June 1, 2019.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
The following duties are not to be considered a complete list of duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of CAS programming; providing oversight to program coordinators and administrative coordinators, developing communication and workflow processes and enforcing programmatic policies.
- Oversees the timeline, development and implementation of programmatic registration
- Works alongside the Director, CAS and Brand Manager, CAS to coordinate marketing and communication efforts as appropriate with the CAS strategic plan and communications plan.
- Manages the weekly staff schedule and approves all employee scheduling requests including vacation, sick time and holiday. Responsible for updating and approving etime.
- Assists program coordinators in managing programs to budgets, evaluating expenses in tandem with the Director, CAS.
- Provides administrative management to the summer music programs, specifically addressing onsite/on-call concerns with participants and camp leadership. Works in tandem with the Director, CAS and Camp Manager on developing and enforcing policies, staff training and reporting and evaluating procedures.
- Represents CAS at community events including conferences, festivals and school events.
- Assists in leading the short and long-term institutional planning
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Work experience in the areas of music, dance, theatre and/or visual arts is a must
- At least five (5) years of management experience
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment, and take initiative. Skills in problem-solving, negotiation, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to maintain a sense of team spirit and humor within a dynamic, challenging and rewarding environment
- Must be detail-oriented with exceptional oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel
- Will be required to pass a background check and complete required University compliance training
A competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package that includes health and dental insurance, sick leave, vacation, holidays, short-term disability, 403 (b) retirement plan, life insurance and tuition remission benefits.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Other than some local travel, work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. Limited physical effort required. No or limited exposure to physical risk.
Applications must be submitted online at https://www.bw.edu/employment. Review of applications will begin on May 1, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. Please submit via one (1) Word document or one (1) PDF file containing a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references.
Baldwin Wallace University is an EEO/AA employer and educator. At BW, we support and encourage diversity in a variety of forms. We value and appreciate inclusive excellence in the classroom, within extracurricular activities, and as we engage our community partners. Learn more at Diversity Affairs at http://www.bw.edu/about/diversity/
To apply for this job please visit webapps.bw.edu.