Baptist Senior Family
Website Baptist Senior Family
Director of Development for the Baptist Homes Foundation
Baptist Senior Family Seeks Director of Development for the Baptist Homes Foundation The Baptist Homes Foundation seeks a full-time Director of Development to lead our ongoing fundraising and operational needs.
The Director of Development will report directly to the President & CEO of Baptist Senior Family. Baptist Senior Family is a not-for-profit corporation based in the South Hills of Pittsburgh that operates two long-term care communities (Baptist Homes in Mt. Lebanon and Providence Point in Scott Township).
Job Responsibilities This position is responsible for all fundraising activities for Baptist Senior Family which include:
- Cultivating and managing relationships with donors, staff, and volunteers
- Major gift and estate gift planning and strategy development
- Enhancing charitable giving in all aspects of Baptist Senior Family’s operations
- Formulating and executing large capital campaigns
- Organizing large-scale fundraising events
- Recruiting, training, and developing Foundation team members
The Director of Development will also be a member of the senior management team that develops and provides strategic direction for the Baptist Senior Family.
The successful Director of Development will possess skills related to:
- A proven record of stimulating charitable giving and executing major gift and capital campaign initiatives.
- A detailed understanding of major gift structures including donation of appreciated property, charitable gift annuities, unitrusts, and other donation vehicles.
- Past success leading a development department and championing fundraising efforts
- Highly successful communication skills with donors and staff via in-person meetings, phone conversations, and social media.
- Using technology to enhance the effectiveness of fundraising efforts
- Creating solicitation materials to enhance fundraising effectiveness
- Superb written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Organizing and inspiring a team of fundraising professionals.
The ideal candidate will have at least ten (10) years of related fundraising experience, ideally in the long-term care or health care industry.
The Director of Development is expected to be a strategic and creative thinker who contributes not only to innovative and successful fundraising strategies but also to overall strategies which benefit all of the Baptist Senior Family. This position is also expected to embrace all potential fundraising opportunities which may enhance overall giving and contribute toward the strategic goals of Baptist Senior Family.
The Director of Development will be based at the Providence Point community in Scott Township, PA (near the I-79 Kirwan Heights Exit). The position will require frequent travel in the greater Pittsburgh area to meet with potential donors, partners, and other parties. There will be frequent presentations to individuals and small groups to advance the overall goals of charitable giving to Baptist Senior Family. Additionally, there will be infrequent overnight travel to professional conferences or other industry events.
Baptist Senior Family offers a flexible work schedule and a great benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage; generous paid time off; strong 403b retirement savings plan with company match and profit-sharing; company-paid life insurance and long-term disability; free on-site fitness center; tuition assistance and more.
Salary Base salary will be based on experience with the opportunity to earn incentive compensation based on accomplishment of Baptist Senior Family strategic goals. Please include your salary requirements with your indication of interest.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com