Beaver County Humane Society
Website Beaver County Humane Society
The Beaver County Humane Society’s Development and Marketing Manager’s primary responsibilities are to effectively market all aspects of the Beaver County Humane Society Shelter and Thrift Store as well as oversee the development and maintenance of all fundraising campaigns to promote the long-term financial stability of the organization. The marketing strategy must be designed using multiple social media platforms to achieve the greatest public exposure for our animals, our two location, as well as maximum funds raised. The incumbent will oversee the development and maintenance of fundraising campaigns to promote the long-term financial stability of the organization. This position takes the lead role in managing and maintaining Salsa CRM. Responsibilities involve recordkeeping, communications, and other duties as assigned. The incumbent will oversee the acknowledgment and pledge management process while maintaining and enforcing standardization of data entry and record keeping. The Manager plays an important role in ensuring that donors receive prompt and accurate communications and supports direct mail and digital campaign projects and initiatives. A positive, friendly attitude, and the ability to work with others are essential components of this role.
Essential Job Duties
- Assist in the vision and strategies to realize and exceed the annual development goals through individual gifts, foundation and corporate grants, and events.
- Monitor grants calendar to ensure that deadlines are met; research appropriate grant opportunities; prepare letters of inquiry, grant proposals and other funding requests; and write stewardship reports and ensure funders’ requirements are met.
- Manage database and data entry, and list management to align constituent interests with events, programs, and fundraising priorities.
- Assist in the planning, scheduling, development, and execution of fundraising events, including solicitation of sponsorships and program underwriters.
- Oversee database management, donor acknowledgements, etc., including overseeing and training volunteers who assist with data entry and letter generation.
- Coordinate all aspects of marketing and communications, including branding, advertising, special events, collateral materials, direct mail, email, sponsorship, and partner development, etc.
- Responsible for written communications and distribution across multiple platforms such as the Web, social media, print and digital publications, and other public relations and marketing vehicles.
- Coordinate all aspects of public relations, including media and community relations, as well as drafting, editing, and issuing press materials.
- Keep social media content up to date with all event and information.
- Support the organization’s Website development (design and content), online and social media initiatives, monitor analytics and usage.
- Work with staff to integrate communications, branding and promotion strategies for programs and services and provide marketing support as needed.
- Build and search for new business relationships.
- Keep and update Constant Contact database and send out targeted messages on on-going bases for program and event updates.
- Exemplify our core values and mission.
- Support and follow policies and procedures.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings.
- Meet deadlines and respond promptly to all communications.
- Accurately record work time.
- Complete expense reports as directed.
- Maintain exceptional work ethic.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business, or related field.
- A minimum of three years of marketing and/or development experience and a proven track record of success.
- Experience overseeing volunteers and/or program development a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Must exhibit an exceptional attention to detail.
- Must be highly organized and able to work with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adhering to deadlines and adjusting to shifting priorities.
- Excellent oral and strong writing and active listening skills.
- Dynamic self-starter who is open-minded, creative, and able to make connections with a diverse and passionate group of stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills, including financial oversight and planning, and ability to troubleshoot.
- Proven success at developing and implementing advertising campaigns, including digital marketing and social media strategies to enhance visibility, engagement, and loyalty.
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly donor relations, grant writing and event planning and marketing.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, and good listening.
- Strong technical, computer and software skills. Multiple forms of social media, HML and the Microsoft Suite of programs including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint, WordPress, Google AdWords, and Google Analytics experience.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Passion and enthusiasm for the mission of BCHS and the animals and people we serve. Able to articulate organizational needs, aspirations, and opportunities with clarity and enthusiasm.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule with availability to work weekends and/or evenings, as needed.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities effectively, work independently or in a team setting.
- Valid Pennsylvania a driver’s license and legally required insurance.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org