Website Bellevue College
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Bellevue, WA
Job Type: Full Time
Division: Institutional Advancement
Job Number: R21040
Job Status: Full-TimeNot Eligible for OvertimeNon-Represented
The Vice President of Institutional Advancement (VPIA) is Bellevue College’s chief development, marketing, and communications officer and reports to the President. As a member of the President’s Cabinet, the VPIA plays an integral role in the strategic and operational administration. The VPIA advises the President, Board of Trustees, and other senior leaders on all college relations and development matters. The VPIA provides direction to all college constituencies for planning, overseeing, and monitoring development and initial implementation of strategic initiatives. The VPIA serves as chief spokesperson for the College and directs crisis communications.
The position directs, manages, and leads resource development and advancement programs as well as the College’s marketing, communications, and community and college relations programs. Responsibilities include overall management of the BC Foundation and its fundraising programs, special events (i.e., annual fundraisers, galas, milestone anniversaries, etc.), alumni and ancillary activities (i.e., athletics fundraising, grants management, etc.). The VPIA oversees the Executive Director of the BC Foundation and staff, including support to its board of directors and committees to ensure active implementation of the strategic, portfolio investment, and operational plans. Functioning as the lead development and external relations officer for the College, this executive has hands-on involvement in gift cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
The VPIA oversees community and college relations programs, which include legislative affairs, public and media relations, and creative design services. The VPIA also oversees KBCS, the College’s radio station, General Manager, and staff, including all operations, programming, and fund development. The VPIA directs and oversees Web governance and management of Web content. The VPIA provides leadership for and supervision of full-time, permanent, and temporary staff.
The VPIA works collaboratively with leadership across the institution to ensure alignment with and creative approaches to support key academic and college priorities, initiatives, and opportunities. The VPIA has significant responsibility for Board of Trustees fund development and stewardship.
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
Annual salary range begins at $145,000 and will be commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and related experience. We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.For more details about Bellevue College’s excellent employee benefits, please visit Benefits section, next to Description section.ABOUT THE COLLEGEBellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/futurevision/core-themes/, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Institutional Advancement (IA) Division of Bellevue College works across the full academic enterprise to solidify a multi-faceted culture of brand awareness, philanthropy, and internal and external engagement. IA supports the College’s mission by increasing awareness of, advocacy for, engagement in, and giving to Bellevue College. As part of the IA division, the Marketing & Communications department is responsible for stewarding the BC brand and driving the college’s marketing strategy to increase awareness, support enrollment, and drive community engagement.
- Leads and directs the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Provides strategic counsel and leadership to the Board of Trustees at the direction of the BC President.
- Serves as executive-level representative of the BC President in advancement activities within the community and provides staff support to presidential initiatives in community and college relations and special events at the national and international level.
- Regularly evaluates Institutional Advancement program personnel and their activities to ensure that all activities operate within budget, institutional regulatory policy, professional standards and ethical practices.
- Participates in selecting staff, training and development, evaluating performance, and taking corrective action.
- Provides direction to all college constituencies for planning, overseeing, and monitoring development and initial implementation of strategic initiatives (e.g., new strategic plan, new college initiatives, public-private partnerships, etc.)
Leadership of the BC Foundation and staff
- Oversees and provides guidance to the Executive Director of the BC Foundation.
- Develops and executes a comprehensive strategic plan for the division of Institutional Advancement that complements funding needs of the College.
- Serves as the primary architect and executor of college fundraising plans to meet financial targets of the College.
- Develops and executes a yearly operational plan to meet financial goals of the College’s strategic plan that includes private sector giving, an assessment of return on investment, limitation of risk to the College, and strategies to fund the plan.
- Methods of funding the plan may include, but not be limited to annual giving, planned giving, special events, major gifts, partnerships, customized programs, and related business activities.
- Serves as an advisor and key liaison between the Bellevue College Board of Trustees and Bellevue College Foundation Directors.
- Personally manages a portfolio of major donors.
Leadership of Marketing, Media and External Relations
- Provides leadership and guidance for the Director of Marketing and Community Development.
- Oversees the design and implementation of a comprehensive strategy to market the College to its constituencies in order to increase market share and enhance the College’s image and relationships with various external and internal audiences within the community, helping meet enrollment targets and encouraging broad-based support throughout the region.
- Oversees the development and execution of ongoing college marketing efforts to create and sustain a positive public image for the College.
- Serves as chief spokesperson for the College and leads crisis communications.
- Directs media relations.
- Represents the College in community organizations and partnerships.
- Oversees the creation of a comprehensive legislative relations strategy in conjunction with the Associate Director of Communications and the College President.
- Collaborates on key speeches.
Leadership of KBCS Radio Operations
- Provides leadership for and supervision of the General Manager of KBCS (the College’s community public radio station) to ensure adequate funding and collaboration with Academic and Student Affairs.
- Develops strategic plan for station operations and growth in revenue. Ensures that financial reporting and operational plans are in compliance with federal agencies and regulatory concerns (i.e., FCC, CPB, etc.).
- Exercises oversight and guidance to the Editor-in-Chief of the BC website, with overall responsibility for website content and governance.
- Ensures that web content, policies, standards, and guidelines are established and enforced.
- Oversees the development of content strategies that align with the goals of the College.
- Provides support for systems design while maintaining overall responsibility for website-based internal and external communications.
- Works with over 200 website content managers to provide consistency in branding via content governance initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree. Relevant experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in philanthropy, institutional advancement, and/or fundraising required.
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic planning and institutional advancement combined with ability to build strong teams and foster engagement.
- Experience in major gift and capital campaigns, planned giving programs, complex special events and institution-wide celebrations, stewardship, prospect research and communication, grants, customized programs, and related business activities.
- Demonstrated leadership/management skills including supervision, budgeting, policy development, financial management, strategic planning, and coordination skills essential for creating a dynamic institutional advancement team.
- Demonstrated ability to increase the breadth and scope of donor/constituency bases.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in community relations and marketing.
- Experience in crisis communication.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strong relationships with a broad range of diverse groups such as students, faculty, private sector organizations, business and industries, governmental officials as well as a sensitivity and commitment to cultural diversity.
- Highly motivated and action-oriented to recognize and act positively upon opportunities related to Institutional Advancement.
- Knowledge of and commitment to advancing the mission, goals, and objectives of the College.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated experience in developing procedures for the effective operation of a complex administrative unit.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and present a complex budget.
- Demonstrated ability to advocate for access to higher education and diversity and commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the complexities of institutional change and possess the interpersonal skills to act decisively in a thoughtful and purposeful manner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an institution through difficult financial constraints, develop new resources, and create growth and opportunity.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; databases and donor management software, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- An advanced degree (Ph.D., Ed.D., or equivalent) is preferred.
- Experience with volunteer boards of directors and non-profit foundation management.
- Knowledge about information systems used to support fundraising efforts.
- Experience in strategic planning and the ability to develop and execute initiatives across all aspects of the college: academic and student affairs, finance, advancement, and enrollment management.
- Experience working in government relations and grants.
- Demonstrate expertise in all forms of media relations, including a sophisticated understating of institutional branding, digital media and platforms, social media, and the impact of technology on fundraising/alumni activities.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Application deadline is now extended through 06/20/2021 to receive a first consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. This position is eligible for relocation allowance.
Background Check:Prior to start of employment, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.How to Apply:Click on the wordApply at the top right corner of the job announcement.Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position.
- Complete an online application
- Attach a Cover Letter of no more than three (3) pages describing how you meet the professional and desired characteristics of the position
- Attach a current Resume, including educational background, professional experience, achievements and professional activities
- Attach a Diversity Statement of no more than two (2) pages that addresses the following: Describe and provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2294914
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact email@example.com or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.