Website Beverly's Birthdays
Spreading birthday cheer 365 days a year.
Position: We have both a full-time and part-time position available.
Reporting to the Program Manager, this position is an in-person role at our headquarters in North Huntingdon, PA. Standard office hours are M-F from 8:30-4:30 p.m.
Our group birthday celebrations are held in the late afternoon/early evenings, and it is expected that this role facilitate a minimum of one-two celebrations per week.
Compensation: $40,000 annual salary (FT Position)
$15 per hour for (PT Position)
- A passion for working with at-risk populations and a commitment to Beverly’s Birthdays mission
- Experience working at a social service or non-profit organization
- Must be comfortable driving large vehicles (box truck, vans, U-hauls, small bus). A CDL license is NOT required.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- A love for working with children and youth
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Relevant experience facilitating/leading groups of children/youth in activities, games, events, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to establish clear objectives, monitor progress and achieve programming goals
- High energy level, strong sense of initiative, enthusiasm, diplomacy, professionalism, transparency, accountability, flexibility, and discretion.
- An outgoing personality
- Gets jazzed about birthdays, cupcakes, and celebrations
- Obtain all required clearances (PA State Police, FBI Fingerprinting, Child Abuse)
- Must THRIVE in birthday cheer chaos (fast-past, constantly growing environments)
- Contributes to the mission of Beverly’s Birthdays by supporting the day-to-day oversight of the Birthday Cheer Programs
- Supports the management of our online inventory system, which tracks inbound and outbound products/donations
- Serves as a Party Facilitator and at the birthday celebrations which are held at shelters, group homes, residential treatment facilities, etc.
- Interact with children/parents/agency staff/volunteers
- Support The Birthday Boutique, our mobile fashion truck, shopping experience at parties
- Represent the brand in a positive, genuine, meaningful way at all-times
- Curate Birthday Cheer Bins (gift baskets) for all our birthday recipient orders
- Assist with the planning and staffing of volunteer group days
- Attend networking, community, and fundraising events on behalf of Beverly’s Birthdays
- Assist the entire staff with our large-scale fundraisers
Candidate must have his/her own vehicle, and a valid driver’s license. He/she must be comfortable with driving his/her vehicle for programming purposes. This position does require physical labor as it involves lifting and sorting product/supplies.
This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. It is provided as a general statement of the nature and duties of the position. The incumbent may be asked to perform other assignments of a similar nature or related to the effective operation of the department as assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. PLEASE INDICATE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE FULL-TIME OR PART-TIME ROLE.
To learn more about out mission, visit www.beverlysbirthdays.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org