Website Beverly's Birthdays
Spreading birthday cheer 365 days a year.
Beverly’s Birthdays – Board Member, Board of Directors
About The Organization:
Beverly’s Birthdays provides birthday cheer for children experiencing homelessness and families in need. We spread birthday cheer 365 days a year. Today, nearly one in four children in the U.S. live at or below the poverty line. In Southwestern PA alone, there are nearly 4,000 school-aged children identified as homeless. Children living in poverty often go without the everyday items that we take for granted. Special milestones, like birthdays, are often overlooked because of their families’ personal and financial circumstances. Beverly’s Birthdays enriches the lives of the children we serve by making sure they are remembered on their special day.
About the Role:
Beverly’s Birthdays continues to experience incredible growth, and has scaled its 6 core programs over the last 8 years. To continue delivering on its mission, the organization has just completed its first strategic planning process and is presented with an exciting opportunity to build sustainable, best practices to ensure the lives of youth in our region continue to be celebrated. This role would join an energetic and engaged team, looking to further define how best to serve our population as we continue to grow.
Length of Term: Two years, maximum of (2) two-year terms.
- Gets excited about birthdays, cupcakes, and celebrations, and has a creative approach!
- Brings field expertise to the organization and a willingness to collaborate with staff to execute tenants of strategic plan within the scope of the mission
- Works with staff and board to finalize annual budget; provides fiscal oversight
- Recruits and orients incoming board members
- Serves as advocate for Beverly’s Birthdays in personal and professional networks
- Leverages networks to support Beverly’s Birthdays efforts through event participation, sponsorship, and other opportunities meant to extend the organization’s reach
Time Commitment (Approximate):
- Attend all board meetings (every other month) & Attend and promote special events
- Previous experience in one of the following areas preferred, but not required: Accounting, HR & HR Management, Legal, Marketing & Communications, Operations & Logistics, Real Estate & Architecture, Community-Based Non-Profit, EDI, Financial Investments
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Previous board participation welcome, but not necessary
- Strong networking skills and an established personal and/or professional network
- Volunteer or professional experience in fundraising, donor cultivation, community outreach, or youth/agency relations preferred
Please submit your current resume, along with a letter of interest to our Board President, Michael Harding: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org