Bible Center Church
Website Bible Center Church
Bible Center Church (BCC) is a multigenerational urban ministry whose vision is to make earth more like heaven. We implement this vision through the initiatives of our community and economic development division—The Oasis Project (TOP). The Oasis Project’s key initiatives include Everyday Café, Own Our Own Entrepreneurship Academy, Oasis Farm and Fishery, The Maker’s Clubhouse and The Neighborhood SCHOOL (Strategy Created to Help Optimize Online Learning).
Position Summary: Development Director
Bible Center Church (BCC) and its Community and Economic Development Division, The Oasis Project (TOP), seeks an experienced mission-driven development professional whose passion is to close opportunity gaps for kids, to support and empower parents, and to positively transform underestimated communities.
Simply put, our vision is to make earth more like heaven. We implement this vision through a variety of social enterprises that include The Maker’s Clubhouse https://www.makersclubhouse.com, Everyday Café https://www.everydaycafepgh.com, Own Our Own Entrepreneurship Academy https://www.ownourown.org, Oasis Farm and Fishery https://www.oasisfarmandfishery.org, Oasis Community Kitchen https://www.oasiscommunitykitchen.org, Oasis Transportation, and Oasis Property Maintenance and Management.
Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is passionate about making a difference in the world through the art and science of development. The candidate will be able to build and execute a balanced fundraising strategy that includes individual giving; major gifts and planned giving; grants and contracts (foundation, corporate and government); event sponsorship; and corporate partnerships. Additionally, the candidate will work with the BC/TOP communications team to build awareness of BC/TOP’s mission, programs and impact to assist with the fund development process.
This position provides both leadership and support to senior management, while working as an individual contributor to fund raise, deliver and execute on the vision and strategies of senior leadership. This position works to establish a funding strategy that is aligned with the organization’s strategic objectives. This position will establish, execute, and evaluate the goals and strategies for all fundraising, grants management and volunteer campaigns to maximize current and prospective donor engagement and giving campaigns.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities include but are NOT limited to the following:
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop and execute multiple development strategies grants management and donor management strategies that advance the organization’s mission
- Build and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective donors
Proven ability to raise funds through giving campaigns, donor cultivation and church and community volunteer strategies
- Coach and train board members, staff, volunteers, parents and youth to help cultivate donors, build brand awareness and establish an organizational culture of philanthropy
- Create and implement a development plan that details how the organization solicits donors and identifies funding sources such as grants, in-kind donations, events and marketing opportunities
- Work with finance, program and communication staff to ensure the effective administration of funds, and timely delivery of promised outcomes and reports
- Ability to research, track, apply for and manage multiple grant and contracts with overlapping due dates and reporting requirements
- Work with communications team on messages (print and social media) to translate the story of the organization to requests for funds and volunteer engagement
- Provide training to staff and the Board on fundraising
- Develop and maintain a grants management system
- Provide quarterly reports on donors, gifts, and prospects
- Research and pursue foundation funding opportunities, such as partnerships, collaborations, and capacity building
- Implement and oversee a donor database and handle gift entries, record updates, reports, and gift acknowledgements
- Effective in building and growing foundation and community relationships, partnerships and collaborations that advance the organization’s mission
- Provides schedules, workflows project timelines, effective time management strategies and strategic goals set on clear deliverables in the completion of key milestones while tracking critical donor and grants management metrics
- Set and establish the annual giving strategies and ensure protocols and regulations are adhered to
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Experiences:
- Master’s Degree preferred. BS Degree in business or related field, with 5+ years of development experience expected
- Strong computer skills (e.g., MS Word and Google Suite software) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software preferred
- Apply effective project management tools and techniques to ensure workflows and processes are efficient and streamlined
- Demonstrated experience in donor cultivation, giving strategies and grants management required, with experience securing (6+) figure awards.
- Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality.
- Persuasive writing, strong verbal communication and the ability to interact at all levels of the organization as well as with the Board is key
Key Skills Needed:
- Positive, professional, and amicable demeanor
- Ability to build relationships with donors, organizations, businesses and volunteers
- Self-motivated, flexible, and able to meet deadlines
- Highly responsive to timelines and assignments from supervisor
- Comfortable working in a church setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- This is a full-time position. The work can be split between the office and a remote location.
- Ability to fulfill the physical, mental and emotional requirements of the position, and work within the necessary work environments.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.