Bible Center Church
Website Bible Center Church
Bible Center Church (BCC) is a multigenerational urban ministry whose vision is to make earth more like heaven. We implement this vision through the initiatives of our community and economic development division—The Oasis Project (TOP). The Oasis Project’s key initiatives include Everyday Café, Own Our Own Entrepreneurship Academy, Oasis Farm and Fishery, The Maker’s Clubhouse and The Neighborhood SCHOOL (Strategy Created to Help Optimize Online Learning).
The ideal candidate will be a passionate, mission-driven, marketing and communications professional who is able to impactfully “tell our story” and who is deeply committed to the issues of racial, social and economic justice.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities include but are NOT limited to the following:
- Design, implement and evaluate all BCC/TOP marketing and communications campaigns and strategies
- Lead our communications team to develop and disseminate all BCC/TOP communication, both print and digital, across traditional and social media platforms
- Maintain knowledge of all BCC/TOP programs and determine the best platform(s) and timing to communicate key messages
- Lead a team to optimize website and social media communication
- Develop a focused marketing strategy to increase traffic and visibility of BCC/TOP programs
- Identify and measure key performance metrics to determine success of communication efforts
- Develop and monitor paid advertising campaigns that lead to the conversion of casual social media users to engaged followers and ultimately visitors, customers or donors
- Lead a team to create visually appealing and data rich program and grant reports
- Develop and maintain comprehensive marketing strategies and communication tools to reach all members, visitors, funders, program constituents and other key stakeholders
- Manage all BCC/TOP brands and promote and maintain external brand awareness and consistency
- Work with program managers to collect data, pictures and stories to be used in ongoing communication and program and grant reports
- Create and implement a communications calendar – website updates, social media posts, monthly newsletter, program and grant reports, etc.
- Develop and monitor communication plan for content, consistency, web, social, email, creative/promo material, and digital media
- Develop, maintain, and update logos and brand guidelines, language, style guide, graphics and photograph files
- Write, produce, and edit marketing materials for Bible Center Church and the departments of The Oasis Project
- Provide strategic communications advice and counsel to BCC/TOP leaders, including the Pastors, ministry leaders, program directors and volunteer members of the communications team, as appropriate
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Key Skills Needed:
- Project and team leadership and management
- Proficient in the use of all current and emerging social media platforms
- Technical and creative proficiency with computer design software (e.g., Adobe Creative Cloud Suite)
- Website development skills and experience (e.g., HTML, WordPress, Wix)
- Google applications
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Marketing and/or Communications or a related field
- 2+ year’s communication experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Able to adapt to tight deadlines and maintain multiple projects simultaneously
- Displays creativity and initiative
- Provide vision and direction to team
- Able to guide and manage a staff and volunteer team through each stage of a project – ideation through finished product
Important Candidate Qualities
- Positive, professional, and amicable demeanor
- Self-motivated, flexible, and able to meet deadlines.
- Highly responsive to timelines and assignments from supervisor
- Ability to ‘manage up’ (staffer to manager) and ‘manage across’ (peer to peer)
- Comfortable working in a church setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- This is a full-time position. The work can be split between the office, program sites and remote.
- Ability to fulfill the physical, mental and emotional requirements of the position, and work within the necessary work environments.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.