The Development and Events Associate will coordinate and help to manage agency fundraising events as part of the Development Team. This position maintains a high degree of contact with both individual donors, corporate sponsors, mentors, and event participants.
This individual will identify new opportunities to grow portfolio engagement across all fundraising channels to increase revenue, including corporate partnerships, special events, and individual giving. A successful Development and Events Associate will manage and steward a portfolio of corporate and individual relationships and work as a team player to drive growth that achieves our mission and revenue goals.
The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of success in fundraising and/or sales and relationship management. Exceptional organizational and written and verbal communication skills are necessary for this position. Must have ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and achieve results in a team environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
For each assigned event:
- Event preparation and logistics
- Securing volunteer hosts or venue as needed, working with on-site contact (volunteer or staff)
- Creating and tracking event costs and budget
- Creating, seeking approval, producing, and sending invitations for all events, tracking responses
- Creating event timeline and/or agenda
- Ability to collaborate effectively with staff and volunteers and develop relationships with donors and prospects.
- Staff all events:
- Acting as first-line trouble-shooter at all events
- Greeting attendees, answering questions, actively participating in event as needed
- Create and execute follow-up strategy after each event.
- Create a thank you strategy for appropriate representative to host, venue, etc.
- Develop, implement, and manage all aspects of Bowl for Kids’ Sake to achieve budgeted goal, including team recruitment.
- Maintain event-related reporting for internal use.
- Coordinate with development team to implement targeted or “niche” fundraising or marketing efforts.
- Manage peer-2-peer fundraising platform (currently Zen/Engaging Networks), including website maintenance and serve as point of contact for all event participants.
- Manage Givesmart Auction Database for tracking, packaging, and selling auction items.
- Regularly attend business networking events to identify and engage with potential corporate donors and volunteers.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Development to cultivate new donors for events and program initiatives.
- Work in partnership with the Director of Development to create and present annual sponsorship proposals to corporate partners.
- Assist in development of all external written materials that represent the agency – Bowl for Kids’ Sake, Golf Classic, The Big Bash, Annual Appeal, Program Events, etc.
- Responsible for cultivating, growing, and managing a portfolio of donors.
- Assists with preparing gift reports and analysis from donor database.
- Donation Entry/Reporting: Assist with entering and reporting donations/constituents using Salsa CRM.
- Ensure proper posting and acknowledgement of all donations and coordinates donor and member communications with the Development Director.
- Manage the Young Professional Board’s and attend Quartey events.
- Assist as needed with Young Professional Board-focused events.
- Assist with development of new Alumni program.
- Create new campaign/materials with Development team for monthly donation program Match Makers to cultivate new and steward existing donors.
- Assist CFO with donation reports and tracking.
- Assist with improving and managing functions of the Development Department.
- Serve as lead on event-related committees (Bowl for Kids’ Sake, The BIG Bash auction, and others as assigned
- Work cooperatively with Development team to identify and analyze donors to create strategies for targeted engagement.
- Work in partnership with the Social Media and Design team to create communications/marketing campaigns that focus on events (fundraising and program)
- Managing appropriate media and press releases
- Managing event-related email campaigns
All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Years of Related Work Experience: 3+ years of experience in development/fundraising, events planning, and communications.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Self-motivated and organized with an ability to work independently
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated skills in implementing tasks
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Friendly, outgoing personality suitable to a high degree of community contact and cultivation
- Experience in data management
- Demonstrated skills in event planning and management
- Demonstrated skills in donor cultivation (corporate and individual
- Excellent and demonstrable time management skills and ability to set and achieve individual and team goals in a deadline-oriented environment
- Leadership ability and ability to work in a team environment
- PC-literate and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Previous non-profit experience in the Greater Pittsburgh community preferred
Travel Requirements: Valid driver’s license and auto insurance required. Travel to branch office may be required. Mileage is reimbursable.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This is a full-time, 37.5-hour weekly position, which is classified exempt. Hours are scheduled to maximize the ability to effectively meet the needs of the organization in the realm of fundraising and events. Periodic event and weekend hours are required.
BBBSPGH maintains a traditional work environment. Because of the nature of our mission, we sometimes need to adjust work hours and maintain a flex schedule with approval from your supervisor.
Candidate must have the ability to lift 25 lbs. Qualified candidate must be able to pass background check clearance process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BBBSPGH provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non- disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSPGH may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com