Bike Pittsburgh is seeking a full time Director of Operations to lead our staff management and operations. If you are passionate about biking and walking, urban design, and fostering an effective work environment, this is your chance to help improve the lives of Pittsburghers.
Title: Director of Operations
Position: Full-time, Exempt
Target Start: October 2018
Salary: $47,000 to $52,000 depending upon relevancy of experience and track record of success. Ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in operations and management.
Hours: 40 hours per week, Often M-F 9-5 plus some work on weeknights and weekends in order to attend occasional community meetings and events.
Benefits: Full-time benefits include medical, vision, and dental insurance as well as generous PTO and 401k benefits as outlined in BikePGH’s employee manual.
Reports to: BikePGH’s Executive Director, Scott Bricker
Mission: BikePGH is a 3,100 member grassroots advocacy organization that is transforming our streets and communities into vibrant, healthy places by making them safe and accessible for everyone to bike and walk. BikePGH’s three areas of focus are advocacy, education, and community.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Staff Management and Development:
- Manage small team of direct reports and indirect support of the Executive and other senior management
- Lead connections between staff members and ensure they have the tools and resources they need to succeed
- Coordinate twice quarterly management team meetings for strategic planning and staff oversight
- Train key staff in operating procedures and on-board new employees in office procedure and protocol
- Seek out opportunities for staff training and development including but not limited to the critical subject of equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Coordinate job postings, hiring, and termination including internships
- Payroll administration
- Keep up-to-date employee handbook and administer benefits and regulations in accordance with the handbook
- Coordinate celebrations of staff for various occasions such as birthdays, promotions
- Manage budgets for multiple departments, working with CFO, ED, and Bookkeeper on planning and tracking.
- Assist all staff members in accounting classifications as needed
- Application and data management including but not limited to Salesforce, Gravity Forms, WordPress, Zapier, MailChimp, LastPass, Eventbrite and Stripe. Manage software integrations for optimal efficiency of organizational functions.
- Develop online and offline filing systems and train staff on use
- Maintain record of office equipment such as computers and manage ordering and retirement of new and old equipment and furnishings
- Responsible for all facility needs and serve as liaison with landlord
- Serve as primary contact for organization vendor/supplier relationships, including supplies, insurance, utilities, etc.
Other Necessary Skills:
- Must be very organized with an eye for detail
- Must have experience with job training
- Must be a proven leader
How to Apply
Write a compelling cover letter and submit it along with a resume. Be sure to mention where you saw the opening advertised.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through Monday, October 1st and considered until the position is filled. The ideal candidate would start employment in mid October 2018.
By e-mail: Please send email with cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Director of Operations” in the subject line.
By mail: Please enclose your resume and cover letter in a sealed envelope and mail to:
188 43rd Street, #1
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
You are also welcome to drop off an application in-person during regular weekday office hours (9am – 5pm Monday through Friday)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org