BikePGH is a 3,400 member grassroots advocacy organization that is transforming our streets and communities into vibrant, healthy places by making them safe and accessible for everyone to bike and walk. BikePGH’s three areas of focus are advocacy, education, and community.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Data maintenance, payment processing & reporting, answering and directing questions and comments, organizing office inventory and documents, mail preparation, sending, and receiving.
- Follow management process for inputting membership, donor, and volunteer contact information into Salesforce; make routine information edits to keep the CRM database up-to-date
- De-duplicate (merge) contact records
- Prepare acknowledgment letters for new members and donors
- Prepare mailing lists, labels, and donor reports for newsletters, special events and as otherwise required
OFFICE ORGANIZATION & CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Monitor inventory of and order office supplies
- Monitor inventory of merchandise and keep up-to-date records
- Perform errands that assist daily functions such as going to the post office
- General reception duties
- Return inquiries from phone, email, mail
- Assist the bookkeeper in reconciliation of data records
- Assist Executive Director with scheduling, travel planning, grant tracking, and filing.
- Research, typing, correspondence, faxes, and filing
- Perform other tasks as identified by the Operations Director and Executive Director
- Up to 5% of time may be spent managing volunteers or assisting with events including Volunteer Night and events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: Attention to detail with the ability to perform repetitive tasks efficiently. A strong interest in bicycle and pedestrian advocacy, computer skills including Microsoft Office applications notably Excel and Word. Typing skills, effective communication skills. Some bookkeeping experience is a plus, Salesforce experience is a plus.
Working Conditions: Majority of time will be spent in an open office environment. Occasional evening and weekend work required. Driver’s license is, ironically, encouraged but not absolutely necessary for office errands and events. Ability to work in an open office environment with personal desk. Building and facilities located in a neighborhood with transit access. Ability to occasionally lift or help lift fairly heavy things also needed.
Position: Full-time, non-exempt (hourly)
Target Start: Late January 2019
Salary: $15 to $17 dependent on experience
Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday; some evenings and weekends required
Benefits: PTO, 401(k), Health, Dental, Vision insurance
HOW TO APPLY
Write a compelling cover letter and submit it along with a resume. Be sure to mention where you saw the opening advertised.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through Thursday, December 20th and considered until the position is filled. The ideal candidate would start employment in late January 2019.
By e-mail: Please send an email with cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Office and Membership Administrator” in the subject line.
By mail: Please enclose your resume and cover letter in a sealed envelope and mail to:
188 43rd Street, #1
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
You are also welcome to drop off an application in-person during regular weekday office hours (9am – 5pm Monday through Friday).
BikePGH does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability or legal source of income.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com