Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pgh.
Website Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pgh.
Responsible for the daily operations of Community and Employment, Transition Programs.
- Planning and directing work and rehab activities for transition programs and appropriate community resources.
- Supervision of all staff within the transition programs. Includes: training of new staff and completing all required paperwork; completing yearly evaluations, daily attendance, and by-weekly time sheets; monitor and document staff training hours and medical requirements.
- Responsible for interviewing and assessing individuals for admission into programming.
- Responsible for interviewing and decision making regarding candidates applying for employment.
- Liaison with outside agencies such as ODP, Support Coordination Units, schools, businesses, residential agencies, family members, etc.
- Record keeping for controlling and managing the programs and required billing submissions through HCSIS and maintaining financial information on program expenses and revenue. Includes: reports for National Industries for the Blind, school districts and other records as required by the Office of Developmental Programs and Allegheny County.
- Conduct regularly scheduled team meetings with transitional program staff.
- Attend bi-weekly coordinator meetings on a regular basis.
- Track, schedule and attend six month and annual reviews for all consumers in program.
- Coordinate procurement and billing of contract work for ETS.
- Work closely with ESS staff to expand community-based work experiences for ETS consumers.
- Ensure 2380/2390 regulations are being followed to meet licensing regulations.
- Attend required meetings through Department of Human Services, Allegheny County and others.
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Special Education, Psychology, Social Work, Rehabilitation Counseling or other related field
- Ability to develop program services for persons with severe disabilities and or vision loss or blindness
- Ability to supervise and instruct staff
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and orally.
- Ability to participate in organizational planning as it relates to the transition programs and future initiatives.
- Decision Making AuthorityManagement Responsibility:
- Daily decision making on behalf of the consumers in program based on health and safety and program needs.
- Daily decision making on behalf of staff to ensure that the needs of the consumers are met.
Physical Needs for Job:
The ability to physically assist individuals to maintain safe and appropriate mobility as needed.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com