Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pgh.
Website Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pgh.
Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services is a leader in programs and services for people of all ages who are blind, vision impaired, or who have other disabilities. We are committed to improving the lives of persons with vision loss and related disabilities by teaching independence and self-advocacy.
The successful candidate will support the success of Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh’s fundraising events. Works closely with staff, board members, and volunteer leadership to assist with planning, coordinating and implementing events designed to raise funds for and to promote community awareness of BVRS’ programs and services.
- Work closely with Vice President of External Affairs to ensure the success of special event fundraisers for BVRS by performing the following tasks:
- Provide administrative support in the research and solicitation of new and existing donors to support the organization’s special events (i.e. Blue Jeans Bourbon and Bingo, the Corporate Cup – Ski Race and Sporting Clays and the Steelers Alumni Golf Outing).
- Perform complex administrative duties, with little supervision, exercising confidentiality, independent discretion, and judgment.
- Represent Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services in a professional and positive manner at all times, specifically when working with staff, board members, volunteers, and vendors.
- Provides staff support and leadership to event chairs and related committees formed to help secure sponsors and participants. Support may include keeping records, preparing meeting notices and minutes, handling correspondence and meeting with committees.
- Coordinates work with external and internal audiences including vendors and donors.
- Assists with planning, implementation, and production of all fundraising events including vendor relationships and event logistics. May coordinate activities related to event program.
- Oversee event material production: work with design consultant to develop materials related to events including external communications, printed event materials (including but not limited to signage, programs, nametags, etc.) and event scripts.
- Maintains files and spreadsheets of all special event timelines. An understanding of donor software is critical – Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
- Works at special events as directed including preparation, set-up, event execution, and tear-down.
- Assists in performing regular administrative duties in a timely and efficient manner as it relates to special events; including but not limited to recording and tracking donor contracts and payments, reviewing and submitting event related invoices for payment, writing acknowledgement and thank you letters, assembling donor solicitation packets, creating and updating donor/program related forms, researching both monetary and in-kind funding sources, writing solicitation letters, executing mass mailings.
- Event Sponsor Project Development: Works to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward appropriate donors of $2500 level or higher with an emphasis on maximizing revenue through events for Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services. Update donor records in Raiser’s Edge.
- It is the responsibility of all BVRS staff members to recruit, train and work with volunteers and to treat all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintaining a cooperative atmosphere for everyone.
- Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the mission of Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, relevant work experience will also be taken into consideration.
- Minimum 3-5 years of special events experience, nonprofit events preferred.
- A thorough understanding of the Pittsburgh community and the significance of corporate and/or business relationships
- Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented to manage event timelines and marketing processes.
- A self-starter, data and deadline driven, and ability to multi-task with solid organizational and time-management skills
- Knowledge of office systems: MS-Office preferred and fundraising database systems (e.g. Raiser’s Edge)
- Capable to travel to special events, committee meetings and event related responsibilities. Reliable transportation is a must.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and an occasional overnight as required to meet the needs of each event.
- Interest in programs related to vision loss
- Willingness to learn and grown in a positive and challenging environment
- Ability to inspire and bring about change in all areas of the position
- Create positivity with co-workers and constituents
- Individuals who are blind or vision impaired are encouraged to apply.
Physical Needs for Job
Able to stand for an extended period of time. Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Full Time. Immediate opening.
$18 – $20 per hour. Signing bonus.
The health and safety of our clients and staff is of the utmost importance to BVRS. All CDC guidelines are being followed.
For consideration, please forward resume and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com