Bloomfield Development Corporation
Website Bloomfield Development Corporation
The Pittsburgh Business District Cohort is launching a shared services strategy to hire a full-time Small Business Support Coordinator (Coordinator) by two of its three Member organizations: Bloomfield Development Corporation (BDC), Bloomfield-Garfield Corporation (BGC), and Lawrenceville Corporation (LC).
ABOUT PITTSBURGH BUSINESS DISTRICT COHORT
The Cohort was founded in 2021 in the wake of COVID-19 and its negative impacts on our vibrant small business communities. The Cohort was initiated to allow the participating organizations to have access to a shared Coordinator to provide a consistent and professional level of business district support and promotion that each organization cannot afford individually. The goal is to develop a sustainable model of collaboration that brings increased consistent and professional small business support to three
The Small Business Support Coordinator assists BDC, BGC, and LC staff in a unique partnership to coordinate the organizations’ promotion efforts, including the Explore BGL multi-neighborhood business promotion initiative and online platform. The Coordinator reports to each of the three organizations’ staff who serve as representatives on the Cohort.
Marketing & Communications
- Assist with production and distribution of marketing and advertising materials including electronic communications, program brochures, letters, fliers, postcards, etc., collaborating with LC, BGC, and BDC staff, local businesses, community organizations, and professional designers as appropriate.
- Assist with the development, writing and design of e-newsletters for distribution to a variety of audiences including funders, business owners, residents, shoppers and others.
- Maintain the shared Explore BGL neighborhood business promotion website, including regular posts and updates, events calendar, business directory, and other features.
- Assist with enrolling businesses in the Explore BGL virtual business directory and e-commerce platform hosted on the shared website.
- Build and maintain working relationships with editorial staff and reporters from local and regional media outlets.
- Assist staff at organizations to plan and execute single and multi-neighborhood virtual and/or socially distant and small-scale events, including seasonal shop small initiatives, sidewalk sales, pop-up shops, and more.
- Distribute information to businesses to ensure participation in events.
- Provide administrative event support including event registration, implementing marketing plan, including social media promotion, collateral material design, ad buys, etc., assist with event logistics.
- Attendance at events generally required, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Support staff at organizations in analyzing the performance of events and seeking feedback from participants and small businesses.
- Maintain well-organized paper and digital records, files and databases for members, funders, businesses, media, events, etc.
- Attend required committee and board meetings; assist with the taking of minutes, preparing of reports and setting of agendas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Marketing and one or more years of experience in communications, marketing and event management OR experience in lieu of degree.
- Familiarity with the Bloomfield, Lawrenceville, and Garfield communities; knowledge of community and small business development a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing. Professional writing experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Google Apps for Business, Mail Chimp, database management a plus.
- Positive and professional attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytic, conceptual, planning and implementation skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small non-profit environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Currently, the duties of this position will take place primarily in the employee’s home with some in-person time. Each organization is transitioning back to an in-person schedule on a timeline that makes sense for their organization. All organizations will adhere to the most stringent protective practices in order to keep all employees safe.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, speak, hear and utilize close vision and focus. An employee in this position is exposed to conditions relative to a typical office environment, including ambient room temperatures, moderate noise levels, fluorescent lighting and traditional office equipment. Employee may also be asked to run errands for the organization and will be expected to be able to complete tasks in a timely fashion with use of personal transportation.
The Coordinator will receive the following benefits:
- Paid sick leave
- Health insurance stipend
- Generous PTO
- Retirement plan match
BDC is the employer of record, with staff currently working remotely with some in-office time, which is subject to change. This is a grant-funded, 40 hour per week position through the end of 2021 with opportunities for long-term employment. The annual salary for the position is $41,600 plus benefits and generous paid time off.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Bloomfield Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Email a resume and cover letter to Christina Howell, Executive Director of BDC, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis but looking to fill the position immediately. Interviews will be held via Zoom.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com