Compensation: $20 – $30/hour, part-time, approximately 5 – 8 hours/week, year-round
Deadline to apply: April 30, 2021
Start date: Flexible (until filled)
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in a PDF format, no phone calls please.
Attack Theatre seeks a Bookkeeper, reporting directly to the Executive Director. Must be adaptable, organized, and detail oriented. This role is part-time and flexible, and the hired candidate may choose the days and times that best fit their schedule.
General Responsibilities: Assist in monitoring annual and project budgets, prepare monthly reports, maintain chart of accounts, coordinate year-end close procedures, assist with annual audit and 990 preparation, conduct all business using generally accepted accounting principles. The role of the bookkeeper is to record all daily financial transactions of Attack Theatre.
- Prepare, make, and post deposits
- Record gifts in donor database (Little Green Light)
- Pay vendor invoices
- Enter credit card charges
- Update cash accounts
- Prepare and send invoices, maintain accounts receivable, and track grants receivable (Accounts Receivable)
- Enter invoices into Quickbooks, review vendor statements and contact vendors regarding discrepancies, process payments to vendors, and maintain vendor files (Accounts Payable)
- Process payroll and benefits
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Reconcile credit card charges, pay credit card bill
- Review all invoices for accuracy
- Review A/R and A/P for any outdated invoices and communicate with vendor, customer and staff
- Provide audit support and pull corresponding documentation for auditor
- Provide annual operating budget support
- Provide support for staff
- Provide all necessary documentation for all payables and receivables
- Assist with general document retention and filing, as needed
Grants and Project Administration
- Assist the development and program teams in tracking spending against grant funding and earned income streams
- Track reporting deadlines and provide information required for reporting
- Manage on-site event and performance box office for collection of cash and credit card revenues
- Reconcile event cash and revenue collection at event end
Skills, Competencies, and Interests
- 1-2 years bookkeeping for a nonprofit or the equivalent educational and/or internship experience
- Knowledge of Quickbooks Online (or similar) and competence in Microsoft Suite
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Efficient problem solving and analytical skills
- Understanding of and commitment to the work of Attack Theatre and/or arts nonprofits
- $20 – $30/hour (depending on experience) for approximately 5 – 8 hours per week*
- *Please Note: there may be some periods throughout the year where this role may be required to work more than 8 hours weekly (audit and 990 preparation, productions, grant deadlines, month-end reconciliations). We do not anticipate that this will ever be a surprise and will always be a discussion with the employee.
- Paid sick leave
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Attack Theatre is committed to keeping its employees safe. While some of the above responsibilities may be completed remotely, there are aspects of this job that must be done from Attack Theatre’s office located in Lawrenceville. The employee will need to be present at Attack Theatre’s office periodically with appropriate PPE and safety measures to complete weekly or monthly tasks as needed.
Attack Theatre’s offices, dance, and classroom studio space are ADA compliant. This role requires handling of paper and use of typical office equipment such as printers and copiers. A person in this role will be exposed to conditions considered typical for an office environment such as ambient room temperatures, moderate noise levels, LED and fluorescent lighting, and other office equipment. This employee may be asked to use their personal transportation to complete Attack Theatre tasks, but personal transportation is not required for employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Attack Theatre seeks to recruit candidates for all positions for employment that represent our communities in race, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or citizenship status. Attack Theatre is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, we are dedicated to being a workplace for all. Qualified applicants who represent marginalized communities and bring diverse perspectives are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com