Building Performance Association, Inc.
Website Building Performance Association, Inc.
The State Outreach Director builds and maintains relationships for the Association with key state level stakeholders, develops revenue-producing projects within selected states, organizes industry efforts around workforce development and other key issues, leads the Association’s engagement on key policy efforts in target states.
This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain relationships between the Association and key stakeholders, including state energy offices, public utility commissions, state legislators, and state level building performance advocates within targeted states.
- Maintain Association leadership on core issues including but not limited to: workforce development in the industry (attracting qualified candidates, demonstrating clear career paths, on the job training, etc.) the inclusion of residential energy efficiency in carbon policy and utility regulatory reform, and reformed Cost Effectiveness Testing.
- Position the Association to work with state level stakeholders on key issues and develop revenue sources for the Association.
- Serve as the primary contact for key state stakeholders and coalitions.
- Identify education, training, and advocacy needs in each targeted state and work with local leaders and Association colleagues to develop financially viable events (in-person and virtual) and resources to meet these needs.
- Lead Association efforts to partner with industry leaders in “new states”- states that the Association is not already working in, but have great potential for industry growth.
- Develop and participate in panels on state outreach related topics at the Association’s regional and national events.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working with and organizing diverse groups of stakeholders in multiple geographic locations.
- Demonstrated track record in consensus building that results in meeting organizational goals.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and communication skills- including the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- High level of comfort adapting to changing needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and stakeholders.
- Commitment to the Association’s mission and vision.
- Must be willing to travel to participate in conferences, stakeholder meetings, and utility hearings in selected states. (Approximately 50%.)
- Experience with the building performance and weatherization industry a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, economics, political science, or another related field.
- Master’s degree in a related field a plus.
- Experience with small organizations is a plus.
About the Building Performance Association
The Building Performance Association is a membership-based 501(c)6 industry association representing the broad range of stakeholders that deliver energy efficiency services and products to owners and occupants of existing residential buildings, nationwide. The Association’s mission is to transform the market for the home performance industry through advocacy, education, research, and networking to ensure all homes are healthy, comfortable, and energy-efficient.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org