Heritage Community Initiatives is honored to celebrate our fourth decade of serving families in forty communities within Eastern Allegheny County through our Transportation, Education, and Nutrition programs. Each year, Heritage provides highly accredited academically-based early learning and out-of-school time programming for over 300 at risk children. Heritage Community Transportation, a fixed-route transit service in operation for 20 years, has provided more than 1.5 million rides for residents in largely transit-isolated communities. Heritage is the only human services nonprofit in the Commonwealth designated as a provider of public transportation. More than 100,000 meals are served each year by our Nutrition Services, which offers solutions in meal planning, ordering, preparation and delivery while creating healthy options for youth and senior populations.
The Business Manager for Education Services is responsible for the business functions of both education programs. The manager ensures parent billings, account receivables, and collections are completed weekly, accurately, and on time. The manager also maintains and updates the database for reconciling, analyzing, and tracking in parent tuition accounts, childcare subsidies, and nutrition. Collaborates with education management to ensure that resources are prioritized for effective and efficient operations in both programs.
- Process parent billings, including printing and distributing customer statements to education programs for families weekly.
- Manage the ProCare system to ensure that all changes reflected in Pelican (i.e., co-pay changes, child care schedule, and child information) have been entered accurately.
- Accesses and reviews the Pelican system daily for changes in co-pays, child enrollment, and attendance. If necessary, contact parents or education programs to confirm or resolve any discrepancies that occur.
- Responsible for communication to families (i.e., delinquent accounts and billing concerns).
- Collaborates with the Director of Education for handling family accounts that become delinquent while maintaining contract compliance for child care subsidies. When necessary, prepare and distribute Heritage Delinquent Notices to families weekly.
- Ensure all employee and scholarship children are billed and zeroed out with designated description in ProCare weekly.
- Prepare and reconcile weekly reports on family account balances and compile AR reports for the Director of Finance.
- Provide reports from ProCare or Pelican systems as needed.
- Assist in processing monthly billing and reporting for tuition and fees, and contractual programs such as Early Head Start, Head Start, and PreK Counts.
- Assist Nutrition Department on CACFP income qualification determinations, communicate qualification to Education sites, and maintain Student Income Qualification database.
- Provide and analyze reports and statistics to management for education-related purposes when requested.
- Assist Education Department with Program Purchasing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Finance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration.
- Proficiency with Excel/MS Word and Windows environment.
- 3+ years with billing and collection experience.
- Ability to operate within billing and accounts receivable systems, ProCare and Pelican preferred.
- Current FBI, Child Abuse, National Sex Offender and State Criminal Background clearances or be able to attain all clearances within 30 days of hire.
- Current health assessment and TB test.
- Ability to frequently lift or move weight as in lifting, carrying or holding children 20+ lbs.
Applicants are asked to send a cover letter and a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please visit our website for additional information about Heritage Community Initiatives – www.heritageserves.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com