Cancer and Environment Network of Southwestern Pennsylvania
Website Cancer and Environment Network of Southwestern Pennsylvania
The Cancer and Environment Network of Southwestern Pennsylvania (CENSWPA) seeks a full-time Pittsburgh-based Network Coordinator to play a central role in a multi-organization network as it expands and deepens its work. Building on the resources, relationships, and projects developed in the first three years since the Network was founded, the successful candidate will work closely with the Strategic Director, Advisors, Network leaders, and others to ensure effective and vibrant functioning of the Network as it advances equitable solutions to reduce environmental contributors to cancer. CENSWPA is a collaborative network, grounded in science and systems thinking, that promotes healthy environments as critical pathways for cancer prevention in the region. The Network benefits from and contributes to national networks (e.g., the Cancer Free Economy Network) focused on intersections between chronic disease, toxic chemicals and environmental justice. For more information, see www.censwpa.org.
The Network Coordinator will report to the Strategic Director. Primary responsibilities include:
- Support and manage public health projects for the Network. (50% of duties)
- Conduct public health-related research (literature reviews, policy research, public health data research and analysis).
- Develop presentations, fact sheets/infographics, and other resources and tools as prioritized by workgroups and Network leadership.
- Help lead community-level programming.
- Contribute to and coordinate project planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Track and help engage new and existing Network participants to strengthen the capacity and effectiveness of the Network. (10% of duties)
- Maintain social media presence and support communications, including developing the Network’s Monthly Cancer and Environment Digest. (15% of duties)
- Maintain the CENSWPA website. (10% of duties)
- Support Network teams with meeting scheduling, preparatory meeting work (agenda-setting, background material development) and note-taking. (10% of duties)
- Help plan and facilitate quarterly meetings of the Network. (5% of duties)
- Develop new coordination/management systems. (As needed)
- Strong academic record and Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- At least 2 years of professional experience including:
- analysis and synthesis of information, written and oral presentations;
- organizing and facilitating meetings, events, and/or campaigns;
- community outreach and engagement;
- project coordination/management.
- Strong interest, knowledge, and commitment to improving public health through healthy environments and effective strategic approaches to doing so.
- Adept at building relationships across many dimensions of diversity.
- Deep commitment to and training in cultural competency.
- Experience working on environmental justice and anti-racism issues.
- Ability to take initiative, think strategically, work collaboratively, and share responsibility and credit. Willingness to roll up sleeves and do what’s needed; collegial and appreciative spirit.
- Highly organized with strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Strong writing, editing, public speaking, and project coordination/management skills.
- Training in communications, website content management and social media or ability to learn.
- Computer-proficient including MS Office and database applications.
- Interest and capacity to learn new technology to help achieve specific project tasks.
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Master’s degree in public health or relevant field with coursework in environmental health, or:
- Specific experience, knowledge and/or training in cancer and/or environmental public health issues.
- The Network Coordinator must be based in Southwestern Pennsylvania and available for daytime and some evening meetings in the region. Some travel may be required. Work in home or office settings are possibilities.
- $40K -$55K commensurate with experience.
- Generous benefits including health, sick leave, retirement, and vacation.
Please submit a cover letter describing your interest in the position and how your experience aligns with the specified qualifications. Along with the cover letter, please send your resume and a sample of your writing that you have already prepared for another purpose. Please package all of these as a PDF and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: May 22, 2022.
The Cancer and Environment Network of SWPA seeks to recruit candidates that represent our diverse community in ethnicities, races, religions, cultures, countries of origin, ages, abilities, and exhibiting the full spectrum of gender expressions, gender identities, and sexual orientations. We are dedicated to fostering belonging and a healthy work culture for all.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com