Website Carlow University
Carlow University invites applications for the full-time position of Director of Alumni Engagement.
The Director of Alumni Engagement is a key member of the staff in the Office of University Advancement and reports directly to the Vice President for University Advancement. The Director plans and executes a comprehensive alumni engagement program cultivating and stewarding positive relationships with alumni of Carlow University. The Director will strategically organize and manage events, programs and activities that meet the diverse needs of alumni, provides meaningful opportunities to benefit alumni and supports the fulfillment of the University’s Mission.
- Plan, execute and direct all aspects of the University’s alumni engagement efforts including: innovative programming; alumni events local, regional and national, including Homecoming Weekend, Alumni Scholarship Benefit, on- and off-campus events, alumni regional activities; volunteer opportunities; print and social media communications.
- Design and implement outreach strategies encouraging and engaging alumni participation in University activities.
- Delegate, supervise, assist, and evaluate the Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement in the performance of all duties and responsibilities.
- Serve as the chief advancement staff liaison to a new alumni governance structure, i.e., Alumni Council or Alumni Board of Directors, arranging meetings and activities of an Executive Committee, Board and Standing Committees of the new structure.
- Partner with all members of the University Advancement staff to provide a comprehensive development and alumni engagement program.
- Oversee and manage the alumni website in conjunction with the Office of Marketing and Communications.
- Facilitate alumni contacts with their alma mater by serving as class notes and alumni events editor of the University magazine.
- Ensure full implementation and employment of Carlow Connect platform and assure its ever-increasing utilization by the alumni base, like the Alumni Mentorship program.
- Develop and manage comprehensive communication plans for alumni that utilize the University website, Carlow Connect platform, Facebook, LinkedIn, e-newsletters, direct mail, e-blasts and virtual communications tools.
- Plan, organize, market and manage programs working closely with the deans, faculty, and the communications and marketing department designed to engage alumni.
- Work directly with the Career Development Office to create an engagement strategy with alumni to facilitate mentoring, internships and employment opportunities for our students.
- Work, as requested, with Admissions and Student Affairs to develop and implement meaningful engagement opportunities for alumni with students.
- Develop and maintain annual budget for Alumni Engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Serve as an ambassador for the mission, values and goals of Carlow University.
We seek an innovative, energetic leader with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years successful track record in volunteer management, fundraising, or event management.
- Excellent organizational, planning, management, and social skills; must be an articulate, persuasive, enthusiastic, and effective communicator both orally and written.
- An appreciation of the mission of private higher education and the value, importance, and relevance of alumni engagement.
- Technical competence and knowledge of the applications of complex relational databases to the field of alumni relations and fundraising, as well as social networking sites. Competence in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Access is expected.
- Ability to prioritize and successfully manage projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Adaptive to a flexible schedule and ability to work evening and weekends when necessary.
- Willing to travel nationally, when required.
- Review of applications begins when received. The position is open and available; an official start date is negotiable.
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward the University’s resources, avoid conflicts of interest or commitment, maintain confidentiality in all regards, and to comply with legal and professional obligations.
Carlow University is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. We strive for a campus that reflects the University’s urban setting and is inclusive of underrepresented groups to enhance the University community.
To apply for this job please visit www.carlow.edu.