Website Carlow University
Carlow University invites applications for the position of Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement. The Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement is a member of the staff in the Office of University Advancement and reports to the Director of Alumni Engagement.
The Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement coordinates the development, implementation and execution of new and existing alumni programs and services designed to foster a lifelong connection between alumni and the University. The Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement leads the advancement office in three key areas of responsibility—producing and managing electronic communications with alumni, recruiting alumni volunteers to engage in meaningful opportunities for service and benefit to themselves and Carlow, and conducting alumni giving programs that increase participation in the Carlow Fund.
- Collaborate with the Director of Alumni Engagement in planning and implementing alumni programs, activities and events which serve alumni and University initiatives, including core and traditional social activities on and off campus, as well as innovative new programs to engage alumni with Carlow in ways most meaningful to them.
- Recruit and motivate alumni volunteers widely to advance the philanthropic interests of young alumni in supporting the Carlow Fund with such strategies as a Senior Gift Program and Class Agent Program.
- Work with faculty to coordinate consistent communication efforts featuring alumni, faculty, and students to strengthen the connection with Carlow University’s Alumni Association.
- Construct and manage electronic forms of communication with alumni, including alumni e-newsletters, electronic communications via the Carlow Connect platform, social media postings; correspond regularly with alumni via email@example.com; and monitor content on the alumni pages of Carlow’s website.
- Facilitate the development of alumni activities locally and regionally in conjunction with the support of alumni volunteers.
- Work with Career Services and Student Affairs to develop and increase alumni volunteer opportunities to connect Carlow alumni with students for mentoring and career-related purposes, such as Alumni Mentorship via the Carlow Connection platform
- Attend on campus and local alumni events. Travel for off-campus events and other alumni meetings as needed.
We seek an innovative leader with the following qualifications:
A Bachelor’s degree is required. The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience in event management, volunteer management, and/or development. Coursework in marketing and communications is desirable.
Desired Qualities and Skill:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects; flexible and comfortable in a fast-paced environment with excellent follow through.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment. Ability to work collaboratively with various constituent groups, volunteers and campus partners.
- Demonstrated success in planning, implementing, and managing special events.
- Experience organizing and motivating groups of volunteers.
- Strong organization skills with keen attention to detail. Strong and independent decision making is required.
- Experience with Website and social media. Proficiency in the Microsoft suite and familiarity with donor management systems. Experiences with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge NXT and Graduway are a plus.
- Ability to create and develop programs that effectively address objectives and priorities, operate within budget limitations and comply with appropriate policies and procedures.
- Willingness to travel, work evenings and weekends and adaptable to a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Demonstrate an appreciation, respect and commitment to private higher education.
Review of applications will begin when received. The position is open and available; an official start date is negotiable.
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward the University’s resources, avoid conflicts of interest or commitment, maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and professional obligations.
Carlow University is an Equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. The University strives for a camps that reflects the urban setting and is inclusive of underrepresented groups to enhance the University community.
To apply for this job please visit www.carlow.edu.