Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
Website Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
Job Summary: OPP seeks a service-oriented, flexible, and organized individual to support delivery of our services, both internal and external. This position is a critical connector between OPP and our customers, which include partner organizations, individual community members, library locations and departments, and other support departments with CLP.
The Administrative Assistant for Programs and Partnerships develops and manages systems of support in relation to programming, outreach, and partnerships under the guidance of and in support of the Assistant Director. In collaboration with the coordinators of Children’s Services & Family Engagement, Teen Services, Adult Learning, Community Engagement, and Partner and Volunteers, they are responsible for the daily operations of OPP software systems and internal processes, including but not limited to public inquiries, data entry, calendar management, maintenance, communication and documentation. They work directly with other departments outside of Public Service (Communication and Creative Services, External and Government Relations, Finance, Facilities/Security, Human Resources, Digital Strategy/IT and the Director’s Office) to facilitate the communication of day-to-day needs and priorities related to the Office of Programs and Partnerships.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide front line service for the Office, ensuring that inquiries from organizations, individuals, and colleagues are addressed quickly and correctly;
- Maintain event management and data tools utilized in OPP, including meeting room bookings for partner programs, registration lists, video conferencing, program attendance statistics, and a centralized event calendar;
- Establish processes and procedures to increase efficiencies, decrease redundancies, and unify the work of the various staff in the office;
- Collect, input and maintain accurate statistics and reports for the Office utilizing a variety of data sources and tools;
- Liaise with CLP’s External & Government Relations, Finance, Communications & Creative Services, Customer Services, Special Events, and other departments to process purchases, grant documents, and requests as needed to support the department;
- Negotiate contracts for presenters/performers and process invoicing through the purchase order system;
- Coordinate schedules, calendars, and meetings for the Assistant Director and OPP in various ways including minute taking and catering needs;
- Provide administrative support to the Assistant Director and Coordinators in OPP;
- Maintain the OPP SharePoint page and other internal communication tools;
- Triage inquiries, manage ticketing processes and serve as initial point of service and problem solver for OPP customers;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a non-profit office environment;
- Two or more years of experience in an office support role, including project coordination, administration and related experience; non-profit or library-related experience preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a welcoming, friendly and professional phone and email etiquette;
- Strong motivational and organizational skills; ability to effectively manage assignments and responsibilities;
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and the ability to accept direction as required and learn assigned tasks in a variety of work settings;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Strong computer and technology skills; including web searching and content creation, Microsoft Office, WordPress, video conferencing and current technologies;
- PA Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI Criminal Record Check and Mandated Reporter training required upon offer of employment.
Work Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm with occasional evenings and weekends.
Salary: $17.00 per hour
Unit: This is a union-represented position.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should apply online by January 13, 2022 at https://cssclp.sentrichr.com/?requisition=279.
To apply for this job please visit cssclp.sentrichr.com.