Carnegie Mellon University
Website Carnegie Mellon University
The Department of Social and Decision Sciences (SDS) is an interdisciplinary department that offers undergraduate and graduate programs that combine studies in the social sciences with the practical skills needed to excel in key decision making roles in the public and private sectors. Students learn how to combine intellectual ideals with the realities of human and organizational behavior and to apply these lessons across a wide variety of endeavors, ranging from government service to leadership positions in the information economy.
We are seeking an Administrative Coordinator who is organized, articulate and enjoys a diverse range of administrative tasks. You will advance the mission and goals of the department by providing comprehensive administrative and academic support to our students, faculty and staff in a dynamic team environment. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting, fast-paced and collaborative work environment.
Core responsibilities include:
- Provides daily office support including greeting and directing visitors, collecting and distributing mail, monitoring department email and managing department d-lists. Will manage office equipment and supplies.
- Manages physical office space; processes requests for custodial services and liaisons with FMS.
Coordinates all logistical support for events, meetings, seminars, conferences, workshops and social events both on- and off-campus events.Provides oversight of department conference space to include AV equipment.
- Provides financial support including procurement card, purchase orders and expense reimbursements.
- Organizes the faculty interview process, which includes posting job announcements, communication with candidates and scheduling interview visits.
- Coordinates faculty promotion and reappointment process; updates academic appointments.
- Supports special projects and other duties as assigned.
Academic Program Support
- Maintains PhD program records, reports, student records and associated databases.
- Collects and updates course descriptions, orders textbooks, communicates academic system deadlines or requirements.
- Occasional faculty course support including scheduling of student presentations and department speakers.
- Coordinates program advertising, schedules events and graduate presentations, assists with undergraduate commencement activities, student recruiting and graduate recruitment open house.
- Regularly reviews and enhances webpages and updates website content.
- Manages alumni database annually; maintain mailing lists.
- Promotes department events through social media.
You must demonstrate:
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with strong attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- High proficiency with MS Office including Excel, GoogleDocs, Acrobat (creating & editing pdf documents), Box, Canvas and other technology that facilitates collaborative work
- Ability to effectively manage tasks and meet inflexible timelines
- Well-developed problem solving skills
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Dietrich College. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
- High School or GED required
- Minimum of 3 years’ administrative support experience
- Successful Background Check
CMU’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires in the United States must provide proof of vaccination or obtain an approved exemption. (Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or for religious or strong moral or ethical conviction.) Those granted an exemption must comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements, including use of facial coverings, daily self-assessment and weekly Tartan Testing.
To apply for this job please visit cmu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.