Carnegie Mellon University
Website Carnegie Mellon University
Carnegie Mellon University’s mission is to build a transformative educational experience for students focused on deep disciplinary knowledge; problem solving; leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills; and personal health and well-being. Carnegie Mellon’s School of Computer Science (SCS) is widely recognized as one of the first and the best computer science programs in the world. Our programs train the next generation of innovators to take real-world problems and improve the way people live and work.
The School of Computer Science is widely recognized as a world leader in computing research, education, and innovation that includes seven degree-granting departments. The Language Technologies Institute (LTI) and Computational Biology (CB) are looking for a highly organized and customer service-oriented individual to support employment processes across both departments. This unique role calls for a variety of skills to successfully interact with cross-functional stakeholders throughout the university to initiate, monitor and develop the employment processes for faculty, staff and students. This is a prime growth opportunity for a team-player who’s eager to make a positive contribution to current business operations and practices, including the School’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We’re looking for someone who is committed to fostering an atmosphere in which everyone feels welcome and supported!
Core Responsibilities Include:
Faculty, staff, and student hiring
- Supports the full cycle of student hires, from application and onboarding to termination
- Serves as point of contact between departments and Human Resources for staff and faculty hiring
- Utilizes Workday and Oracle systems to enter and archive employment data including costing allocations, cost transfers, and leaves of absences
- Supports all payroll compliance processes (I9, E-verify, Responsible Conduct of Research)
- Gains familiarity with academic workflow to successfully anticipate and plan for departmental hiring needs
- Initiates, processes and tracks student fellowships
- Manages visitor and visa processing
- Supports performance management processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Contact person among university departments: Human Resources, Office of International Education, Human Resources Service Center
- Attends various meetings within the departments as well as with interdepartmental committees and shares relevant information
- Collaborates with business managers and associates to create accurate messaging that reflects hiring needs and expectations
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the School of Computer Science. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
- High School or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of general administrative experience required.
- Background in Payroll, Accounting, or Human Resources highly desired.
You Should Demonstrate:
- Effective oral and written communication skills, organization and planning skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong quantitative abilities.
Are you passionate about this dynamic opportunity with us? Please apply.
- Background check
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance: https://www.cmu.edu/policies/administrative-and-governance/statement-of-assurance.html.
To apply for this job please visit cmu.taleo.net.