The Assistant, Membership is responsible for supporting membership and annual fund fundraising initiatives, programs, and operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- One to three years of office administrative or development experience preferred.
- Experience in non-profit educational or cultural organizations desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Must be technologically proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Outlook, Access, Excel, Project, and Power Point and comfortable with exploring and learning new technologies.
- Have a demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, discretion and to interact well with all levels of staff, community leaders and general public.
- Must have excellent communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Patience, teamwork orientation, and a sense of humor highly desirable.
- Also requires a highly developed customer relations attitude and the ability to prioritize work flow and meet deadlines.
- Raiser’s Edge fundraising software knowledge a plus.
- Provides general administrative support for assigned area, including answering phones, taking messages and coordinating communication appropriately; scheduling meetings and appointments; preparing and proofreading correspondence, reports, and presentations; maintaining office equipment; faxing, photocopying, data entry, filing, preparing expense reports and ordering and stocking supplies
- Ensures that all gifts, pledges and grant agreements received by assigned area are delivered to central donor services within 24 hours of receipt in the prescribed manner to ensure both appropriate handling of gifts and excellent donor service. In some instances, also processes said gifts.
- Responds to general service phone lines and email accounts as assigned. Providing prompt and courteous customer service at all times. Understands and can explain and apply rules, regulations, policies, and procedures associated. Analyzes situations accurately and adopts appropriate course of action.
- Responsible for entering data, actions, and call reports into donor/prospect tracking system in Raiser’s Edge Database and keeping records of assigned prospects and donors up-to-date. Coordinates prospect management tracking system with research staff. Works with donor services staff to pull queries and lists from Raiser’s Edge as needed.
- Drafts and prepares acknowledgement letters for signature. Assembles materials required for grant proposals and reports, collecting required information from staff members as needed. May sometimes write the narrative or segments of it. Prepares and submits final product as requested. Coordinates work to meet established deadlines.
- Provides support for museum special events which could include drafting invitations, supporting volunteer committees, making arrangements with event staff, taking RSVPs and working at the event itself, requires occasional evening and weekend work.
- Handles logistics for meetings including reserving meeting spaces, arranging food and beverage service, audio-visual equipment and other necessary arrangements. Attends and participates in meetings as requested, taking and distributing minutes when necessary.
- Processes department invoices including the assignment of account numbers and tracking expenses to approved budgets.
- Creates and maintains in good order administrative records and files to support donor acquisition and renewal efforts.
- Assists in keeping common areas of the office clean and organized. Maintains personal work area in an organized manner with all work-related materials and project information readily available.
- Performs special projects and support as needed to meet the goals of the department.
- Accomplishes responsibilities in a timely fashion with a minimum of supervision, and meets established deadlines.
- Contributes to effective operation of the team. Establishes and maintains cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org