Reports TO: Executive Director
Casa San Jose is a nonprofit organization that serves as a resource center for Latinx in the Allegheny County area by connecting them to various social services and by providing programming as needed. Programs at Casa San Jose aim to decrease social isolation and increase empowerment by offering by offering opportunities for community members (youth and adult) to brainstorm about solving community problems and facilitate involvement in civic and community organizations.
Job Summary: The role of the Administrative Assistant is to be the first point of contact for clients seeking services at Casa San Jose. This requires answering phone or in-person inquiries, entering and managing client data into the Salesforce database, providing clients with accurate information and/or referring the inquiry to the appropriate staff person for series.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet all incoming members of the public
- Provide coverage of the physical front desk area which includes answering in-person or phone inquiries
- Answer all calls to the main contact phone number for Casa San Jose
- Refer all emergency calls or calls needing additional services not pertaining to general information to the appropriate Casa San Jose staff person
- Ensure that all client intakes are entered into Salesforce database with accurate and complete client information
- Make appropriate internal and/or external referrals based on client needs
- Tend to all emergency calls connecting clients promptly to correct social services or staff
- Provide client information and general updates for board and other reports as needed
- Keep track of follow-up with clients after they have been referred to appropriate services
- Other general office duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- High School diploma/GED or bachelor’s degree from accredited institution preferred
- Interest in providing social services to Latinx community in Pittsburgh region
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft Office Suite (Word), G Suite and Database
- Knowledge of community resources specific to the assigned region
- Experience working or volunteering with immigrants and refugees is a plus
Travel is primarily local during the business day with current valid driver’s license required.
- Must be Bilingual: Fluency in English and Spanish (speaking, reading, writing) is essential
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage and prioritize multiple, often competing, priorities
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated excellent judgment with the ability to independently solve problems and make decisions with little or no need for direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate future needed changes or identify problem areas and take effective actions
- Must possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledgeable about available resources for Latino immigrants;
- Uncompromising ability to maintain confidentiality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills-Ability to read, write and analyze written material, clear and creative writing
- Mathematical Skills- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages, etc.
- Reasoning Ability- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, to talk, to hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, fax machines and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
If interested, please send resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org