Reports to: Executive Director
Salaried, includes Evening and Weekend Work
Job Summary: The Director of Youth Programs is responsible for overseeing Casa San Jose’s youth education and activism programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Provide oversight, goals and direction for all youth programs including afterschool program, Jovenes con Proposito, Puentes Hacia al Futuro, and Campamento Sonrisa.
- Oversee the creation of the schedule of activities, mindful of age-related attention spans of youth involved in all youth programs
- Oversee the development of meaningful, culturally sensitive learning activities for youth.
- Ensure the acquisition of needed resources (books, materials, craft materials, etc.) to accomplish the above activities.
- Plan and coordinate learning and recreational opportunities. This includes provision for appropriate supervision, need for transportation, and any other needs related to the particular activity.
- Supervise Youth Program Specialist and volunteers
- Responsible for all regular communications with outside organizations regarding effective coordination and use of shared resources, including volunteers.
- Develop and implement effective measurements to determine youth program effectiveness
- Work with Communications Specialist to maintain communications and social media presence.
- Oversee all necessary communications and advertisement of the programs to parents and youth
- Develop messages to be presented on various social media forums, i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and on the Casa San Jose website.
- Provide timely and relevant response to comments and questions from the various posts.
- Prepare budgets for each program and track expenses
- Maintain inventory of all materials purchased by and belonging to Casa San Jose
- Ensure that all expenses are properly reported to Finance Director
- Report key benchmarks and statistics for board reports
- Use Salesforce database to input relevant information
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, state and local regulation
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in social service, education or related field. Experience with immigrant services, youth programming or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English (speaking, reading, writing); strong organizational and communication skills.
Travel is primarily local during the business day with occasional overnight travel required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Language Skills-Ability to read, write and analyze written material, clear and creative writing
- Mathematical Skills- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages, etc.
- Reasoning Ability- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Other- Knowledgeable about available resources for Latino immigrants; ability to maintain confidentiality.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, to talk, to hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, fax machines and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
JOB IS AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
IF INTERESTED, PLEASE SEND RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org with YOUTH DIRECTOR POSITION in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com