Catapult Greater Pittsburgh
Website Catapult Greater Pittsburgh
FT Salary Position: Range $72K-$80K depending on experience
Position Summary: The Director of Development and Communications is responsible for planning, organizing and directing all of the Catapult’s fundraising activities, including the major gifts program, annual fund, corporate sponsorship, special events, and capital campaigns. The Director of Development and Communications will also oversee all marketing and communication efforts on behalf of Catapult to raise awareness and build community support.
This position will report to the Executive Director and will become a member of the Catapult Greater Pittsburgh’s Executive Leadership Team.
- Responsible for the cultivation and stewardship of potential and current corporate and individual donors
- Responsible for creating a fundraising committee that will help carry out all of the responsibilities and duties listed in the development plan
- Develop, implement and monitor progress toward short-term and long-term fundraising strategy and goals.
- Follow current funding strategies established in development plan
- Create new funding strategies to meet strategic growth plans
- Maximize funding
- Responsible for the planning, writing, and reviewing of grants.
- Create and follow a grant calendar
- Participate in Board Finance Committee meetings
- Participate in regular Board of Director meeting and preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports as requested by the Executive Director
- Oversee the maintenance and expansion of the organization’s database, SalesForce and utilize data for tracking and reporting
- Create a Moves Management system to include donor stewardship, communications and acknowledgements
- Follow the Donor Code of Ethics
- Create future strategic growth planning with consultant and Executive Director
- Responsible for creating materials that support both community awareness and fund development
- Maintain relevant information on Catapult website
- Create online giving platforms and Social media campaigns
- Design, create and distribute Annual Appeal pieces and the Annual Report
- Oversee the monthly newsletter
- Supervise marketing consultants
Communications and PR:
- Establish and Manage Media Relations
- Oversee consultants working in this arena
- Coordinate all Public Relations efforts and opportunities to promote the organization’s programs
- Serve as a public representative of the organization, including cultivating relationships with community members, prospective volunteers and supporters in order to build awareness of and commitment to Catapult’s work.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekend events as a representative of Catapult
- Manage expense budgets for all fundraising, public relations and communication efforts
- Actively reinforce organizational culture, agreements, and embody the Catapult Values
- Actively reinforce, enhance and promote racial and economic justice primarily within the Black community
- Must be willing to immerse in the social and economic justice culture and have a constant pursuit of knowledge of the Black community and the plight of racial injustice.
- Adhere to all policies, laws, regulations, and codes of ethics and confidentiality as outlined by federal and state laws and agency policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in fundraising, public relations/marketing and communications
- Proven track record of raising funds from diverse sources, including major gifts from individuals, foundations, corporations and government agencies.
- Experience in donor cultivation, grant writing, contracts management and special events.
- Knowledge of and connections to the funding community and centers of influence in the Pittsburgh region.
- Demonstrated commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes and a results-oriented culture.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, supervision, administration and management skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, SalesForce and Google Suite
- Familiarity with donor tracking systems.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Sound judgement, professionalism and a positive attitude.
- Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be culturally sensitive to the challenges and opportunities of the Pittsburgh Black community.
- Successfully complete Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse Mandated and Permissive Reporting in Pennsylvania.
- Must successfully obtain the Criminal History Clearance from the Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Clearance from the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and Fingerprint Based FBI Clearance.
Please submit the following by Google Form: https://forms.gle/qKR687mDLR7JGuZH7
- Cover letter displaying your understanding and fit within Catapult Greater Pittsburgh
- Answer to the following questions (1) Why are you passionate about development work? (2) What has your experience been with economic justice? (3) What creative strategies would you apply to elevate Catapult Greater Pittsburgh?
Questions about this position can be sent to:
MPower Consulting LLC
Position: Director of Development
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.