Catapult Greater Pittsburgh
Website Catapult Greater Pittsburgh
Salary Position: Starting Salary 82k-85K depending on experience
Position Summary: The Director of Operations will serve as the senior administrative and program officer of Catapult and will support the Executive Director with all phases of operations and personnel with the objective of pursuing economic justice and generational stability for our communities. They are responsible for helping to manage and oversee the organization’s success. This individual plays an integral role, along with the Executive Director, to develop and implement programs to advance the policies and mission of Catapult.
This position will report to the Executive Director and will become a member of the Catapult Greater Pittsburgh’s Executive Leadership Team. This position will supervise the Director of Homeownership, The Director of Entrepreneurship, and the Innovation and Growth Manager.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of Catapult and its programs to ensure effective and efficient performance.
- Assists the ED in establishing and accomplishing goals to drive organizational effectiveness and enhance agency performance.
- Leverages information to always keep the ED informed on the status of assignments, projects, and general operations.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates organization policies and procedures. Implements policies and procedures that will improve day-to-day operations. Communicates and explains new directives, policies, or procedures.
- Assists with meeting and event planning and ensures ED is prepared with all necessary documents and information for effective facilitation or participation.
- Negotiates and manages contracts with vendors, banks, funders, and other government and service organizations.
- Determines what additional resources Catapult may need to achieve its goals and objectives, designing methods for securing such resources, and assisting the board in securing those resources.
- Works closely with the Director of Development and Executive Director to maintain accurate and creative reporting of funds from multiple funding sources.
- Responsible for all aspects of annual organizational budget development, forecasting, management, monitoring and reporting.
- Works as staff liaison with YourCFO (contracted accounting services)
- Represents Catapult and provides liaison between the banks, foundations, government, political, service, and neighborhood organizations.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of a proactive public relations plan to promote Catapult’s objectives.
- Develops and maintains successful organizational relationships and Catapult partnerships.
- Builds lasting and positive working relationships with public officials, political leaders, and institutional heads.
- Responds to media inquiries.
- Oversees development of publicity materials.
- Drives organization priorities forward and holds employees accountable to deadlines and deliverables and in accomplishing organizational goals and objectives.
- Upholds and promotes social, ethical, and organizational norms in conducting internal and external business activities.
- Assists the ED with personnel management, including hiring, separations, and managing performance.
- Attend meetings and travel with the ED and perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience in related Community Development/Social Services field with experience in the areas of Development, Management and Program Administration. Including 2+ years of management and project management experience.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in leveraging public agencies in support of a non-profit mission
- Sensitivity to, and experience in dealing with, minority issues and the proven ability working with diverse communities and neighborhood organizations.
- Practical knowledge of federal, state and local government programs relating to community development.
- In depth understanding of banking practices, products and consumer services and experience in financial management.
- Proven ability to develop effective presentations, reports, grant proposals, and marketing collateral.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable with delivering results in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate complex activities and manage timelines.
- Maintains a positive, client first attitude with all stakeholders.
- Polished written, verbal, and social communication skills for effective interactions with a wide variety of individuals and organizations.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Highly motivated, sets high goals and has standards of performance for self and others within the organization.
Please submit the following by Google Form: https://forms.gle/Cppmz7qoXF7DUS6W7
- Cover letter displaying your understanding and fit within Catapult Greater Pittsburgh
- Answer to the following questions (1) Why are you passionate about operations work? (2) What has your experience been with economic justice? (3) What creative strategies would you apply to elevate Catapult Greater Pittsburgh?
Questions about this position can be sent to:
MPower Consulting LLC
Position: Director of Operations
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.