Center for Inclusion Health, Allegheny Health Network
Website Center for Inclusion Health, Allegheny Health Network
Harm-Reduction based public health intervention
The FOCUS Pittsburgh Project is supported by the Center for Inclusion Health and Funding from Gilead Science. FOCUS Pittsburgh is a public health intervention designed to reduce the incidence Of Hepatitis C and HIV in affected communities.
FOCUS Pittsburgh Goals:
- Make routine HIV and Hepatitis C screening a standard of care.
- Reduce the number of undiagnosed individuals, decrease the number of those who are diagnosed late, and ensure strong linkage to care and treatment.
- Expand stakeholder dialogue on these issues.
- Change public perceptions and overcome stigma that may discourage testing.
FOCUS Pittsburgh integrates HIV and Hepatitis C testing into the routine medical care provided in the following settings:
- Allegheny General Hospital Emergency Department
- Allegheny General Internal Medicine Clinic
- Northside Christian Health Center (FQHC)
In 2019 FOCUS Pittsburgh will expand to additional Emergency Departments within Allegheny Health Network.
The Project Coordinator works closely and collegially with the Project Director to assure success of this effort. Specific Responsibilities include:
- Linking individuals to HIV or Hepatitis C treatment though warm referral and follow-up
- Encouraging program participation by explaining the public health justification for screening and efficacy of treatment for these diseases
- Perform administrative, data collection and reporting activities
- Participate in the overall work of the Center for Inclusion Health
Competitive salary and benefit package is offered by AHN.
- Experience working with vulnerable/marginalized individuals
- Good organizational, writing and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
Please submit resume and optional cover letter to: Charlotte.Mitchell@ahn.org.
The Center for Inclusion Health’s (CIH) mission is to provide outstanding health care to all people in the region, especially socially marginalized and vulnerable populations. CIH is a part of the Medicine Institute at Allegheny Health Network (AHN).
To apply for this job email your details to Charlotte.Mitchell@ahn.org