Full-Time Operations Manager at Chatham Baroque
Summary: Chatham Baroque is seeking a full-time Operations Manager to become an integral member of the full-time staff of six. The Operations Manager will report to the Executive Director and hold varying degrees of responsibility in the crucial functions of program and special event operations, fundraising and development, financial management, and general management.
About Chatham Baroque: Chatham Baroque, a nonprofit arts organization with a twenty-nine year history, connects audiences to the passion and depth of the music of the Middle Ages, Renaissance, Baroque, and Early Classical periods through vivid and compelling performances and educational experiences including: Chatham Baroque’s Pittsburgh Concert Series featuring the Artistic Directors and distinguished guest artists; the Renaissance & Baroque Concert Series featuring other esteemed touring ensembles; Peanut Butter & Jam Sessions for preschoolers and their grownups; artistic collaborations with Pittsburgh Opera, Pittsburgh Camerata, Calvary Episcopal Church Choir, and others; touring and residencies; recording and broadcasts; and more.
Skills Needed: Excellent writing, organizational, project management, and customer service skills; ability to work both independently and as part of a team; proficient in standard office software and the curiosity to learn and explore new technologies; ability to adapt to shifting priorities and timelines; good with numbers; an interest in collecting and analyzing data; and a sense of humor.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Arts degree
- 2-3 years of relevant experience working in a nonprofit organization or having had similar responsibilities in the private or public sectors
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required. Must be available for the majority of local concert and event weekends
- Access to an insured, working vehicle and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to walk, sit, stand for prolonged periods; ability to lift up to 40lbs
- A demonstrated interest in the arts
- Experience with Quickbooks and project management software is a plus
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited to:
Program and Special Event Operations
- Develop timelines/operations plans and oversee logistics for concerts, special events, tours, and other programs
- Direct volunteers and manage front of house operations. Coordinate schedules, audience hospitality, artist travel and housing, instrument procurement and transport, etc.
- Serve as primary point of contact for venues, vendors, and artist agents; supervise interns, crew, and contractors as needed
- Coordinate with partners on the presentation of arts education and outreach events
Fundraising and Development
- Maintain donor/ticket buyer database, generate acknowledgment letters and reports, coordinate annual appeals and other fundraising activities
- Maintain grant calendar
- Assist in procuring inkind donations and event underwriting
- Monitor the organization’s progress on achieving fundraising goals
- Assist Executive Director in researching grants and preparing applications and reports to funders
- Participate in the creation and revisions of budgets
- Prepare checks and invoices for deposit and payment; track and document credit card charges; issue and track guest artist and vendor contracts;
- Assist Executive Director in preparing for the annual, voluntary audit
- Maintain office equipment and order office supplies
- Track inventory of CDs and other merchandise
- Maintain electric and paper filing systems
- Manage general administration intern(s)
Salaried position in the mid-30’s with health, vision, and dental insurances and paid vacation and sick leave.
Send resume, cover letter, and the names of three references by August 26, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
To apply for this job please visit chathambaroque.org.