Website Chatham University
Founded in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of over 2,200 students across over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: sustainability & health, the arts & sciences and business & communications. Chatham has consistently been named a College of Distinction and a “Best College” by U.S. News & World Report, and—as the alma mater of environmental icon, Rachel Carson (Class of ’29)—is perennially ranked as one of the greenest colleges in the United States by Sierra Magazine and the Princeton Review.
Chatham’s mission is: “to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work…by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably.” Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community.
Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science and Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Located in Pittsburgh, PA—one of the country’s most livable cities and great college towns—Chatham is spread across three distinct locations: the historic arboretum, Shadyside Campus; Chatham Eastside in the fast-growing East End; and Eden Hall Campus, one of the world’s most sustainable campuses.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
Position Reports To: Director of Advancement Services
Position Summary: Chatham University has an opening for an Advancement Services Coordinator. The candidate will provide a broad range of administrative services to the Advancement Services department; including data entry and research and prospect management.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or a combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and customer service experience desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to follow established procedures, bringing all questions to Director of Advancement Services.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to understand how constituent and research data is housed and shared.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Access required.
- Previous experience with donor or constituent databases and research, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides a broad range of administrative services to the University Advancement Office.
- Responsible for donation entry, and gift acknowledgment using DonorPerfect fundraising database.
- Prepares donation documentation and reports for University Finance department.
- Assists with on-going maintenance and updates of donor biographical information in DonorPerfect.
- Provides general donor and alumni research updates for University Advancement departments as well as briefings for the University President and Vice President.
- Establishes and maintains a prospect management system to ensure donor profiles are recorded in the Advancement database and are updated regularly.
- Manages the overall gift entry process, including creation of constituent and fund records in accordance with established policies and procedures. Ensure gifts are properly categorized to meet reporting needs, read to be acknowledged and prepared for deposit. Identifies atypical situations not covered by existing policy and brings to the attention of the Report Specialist and Director of Advancement Services for review.
- Responsible for all constituent record updates, including supervising student workers and communicating with other Advancement staff to clarify needs and priorities. Acts as the project coordinator for constituent data from other University office that needs to be added and/or updated in the alumni database, as well as Advancement data that needs to be stored outside the alumni database.
- Prepares general research on individual constituents as well as corporate and foundation prospects for Advancement staff and the Office of the President and Vice President. Ensures that all research is properly recorded and regularly updated in the Advancement database. This position is a hands-on role which requires, in addition to research, maintain the prospect management system. Data mining, research resources, and analytic software are some of the tools used in this position.
- Works closely with the Report Specialist in the development of the Advancement Services policy and procedures manual to ensure consistency, accuracy and efficiency in the storage and use of constituent information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Chatham University offers competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, curriculum vitae, a teaching and research statement, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Actively Seeks Diverse Candidates
To apply for this job please visit chatham.applicantpro.com.