Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation
Website Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh Foundation
Job ID: 809744786
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Shift: Day Job
Facility: UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
Department: Information Services
Location: 4401 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15224
Union Position: No
Salary Range: $24.05 to $41.60 / hour
The Prospect Researcher is responsible for providing prospect identification, research, and analysis of financial and biographical information in support of gift officers and staff to determine cultivation and solicitation strategies for major gifts. The Prospect Researcher provides information to help build and support existing relationships as well assist in building a pipeline of new high potential prospects for qualification. Employing a wide range of tools, the Prospect Researcher organizes and analyzes information that identifies philanthropic patterns, tendencies, and relationships among individuals, corporations, and foundations. The Prospect Researcher then compiles and writes in-depth donor profiles and confidential briefing documents in order to collaborate with gift officers and staff to ensure that the Foundation’s fundraising efforts are focused on the right donors for the right gifts at the appropriate times.
- Prepare written profiles, rating memos, event bios, and qualified lists to support the cultivation of Major Gift donors.
- Work with Foundation staff to collect and record the necessary information for a successful prospect management system
- Evaluate and recommend current and potential major gift prospects.
- Perform quantitative analysis to determine capacity ratings based on financial data to qualify prospects.
- Track prospects and donors through monitoring daily news, online alerts, and utilizing internal information.
- Provide in-depth research and analysis of biographical, philanthropic, professional, and financial information of donors and prospects, including individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Strategize and assist gift officers in ranking and prioritizing prospects for engagement and solicitation.
- Assist in maintaining database records and promoting system integrity.
- Collaborate with gift officers in order to gain an understanding of their goals and priorities and advise them about identification, engagement, solicitation, and stewardship strategies to maximize fundraising.
- Conduct proactive research in order to identify potential new funders and analyze data gained from a variety of sources to determine donor giving capacity, interest, and affinity.
- Collaborate with Director of Prospect Management and Research to maintain list of potential candidates for Foundation’s Board of Trustees
- Create and run Raiser’s Edge queries to extract and compile data for reports.
- Evaluate, organize, and edit verified and extrapolated data into comprehensive reports on prospects and donors.
- Provide and effectively communicate analysis and interpretation of prospect and donor information to Foundation staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2 to 3 years of prospect and donor research experience
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills required
- Strong editing, spelling, and grammar skills required
- Understanding of and ability to interpret financial documents, including SEC filings, annual reports, compensation policies and stock awards and option documentation
- Ability to assimilate, analyze, and communicate information effectively
- Self-directed, task-oriented, independent organizational ability and timeliness in meeting deadlines
- Accuracy and high attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Clear and concise understanding of the philanthropic continuum and what it takes to move donors/prospects successfully
- Ability to analyze data to identify potential major gift prospects
- Proficiency in Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge and Wealth Engine preferred
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
To apply for this job please visit careers.upmc.com.