Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
Website Children's Museum of Pittsburgh
For more than 30 years, the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh has provided “innovative and inclusive museum experiences that inspire kindness, joy, creativity and curiosity for all learners.” We forge connections with artists, community partners and neighbors to work on behalf of children, youth and families”. Through high quality exhibits and programs, we provide opportunities to the region’s children for learning and play. We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Date: February 10, 2020
Status: Full-time, Hourly Non-Exempt
Reports to: Controller/ Associate Director of Finance
This position is responsible for recording, reconciling and reporting financial information to ensure accuracy of the organization’s financial records. Monitor budget performance and variances for all Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh (CMP) grants, business development activities, and other monthly reporting for review by Sr. Director of Finance and Administration, Controller and Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field of study from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience required. Additional experience in non-profit environment preferred.
- Must have strong analytical and communication skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily;
- FBI Criminal History (with fingerprints), PA Child Abuse History (Act 33) and PA Criminal History (Act 34) clearances are required.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the accounting cycle and month-end close, including but not limited to A/R, balance sheet account reconciliations and assisting with financial statement preparation.
- Assist program staff with budget questions and issues, coordinate/track all grant and pledge activity;
- Assist Controller with all financial requirements as they relate to grant reporting and proposals; work closely with the Development Department to reconcile contribution/grant funding.
- Monitor all business development activity, create financial reports and dashboards for management and board review;
- Coordinate interdepartmentally for new sales contracts and related purchase orders;
- Coordinate monthly invoicing for partners, other departments and services rendered as needed;
- As part of month-end close maintain financial reports including dashboards, cash flow reporting, departmental analysis,
- Assists with any other monthly and ad-hoc reporting as needed;
- Assist in developing and maintaining budgets, forecasts, and models while providing research and assistance in preparatory phases;
- Assists in preparation of the annual fiscal year budget and other financial forecasts;
- Assist Controller in monthly financial statements analysis to explain and quantify variances;
- Provides support as needed for audit and monthly/ yearly close;
- Occasionally assists with payroll processing.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete our online application found at: https://pittsburghkids.org/job/jobs. In addition, please submit a resume and cover letter. Please follow the instructions on the application site. Thank you for your interest.
The Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic or trait protected by local, state, or federal law.
To apply for this job please visit pittsburghkids.org.