City of Asylum
Website City of Asylum
Administrative and Development Assistant
The Administrative and Development Assistant provides general administrative support to the Executive Director and the City of Asylum staff. Tasks vary based on the day-to-day needs of the organization. The ideal candidate is organized, detail-oriented, and flexible and is an excellent team player. Experience carrying out quantitative work with data and/or databases is a plus. The position reports to the Director of External Relations and works closely with a variety of staff, including Director of Finance and Operations, Director of Programs, Marketing and PR Manager, and programming and bookstore staff.
- Answer all phone calls and emails and redirect accordingly
- Manage all office-related purchases and mail
- Manage contact, info, rentals, and rsvp email accounts
- Manage response system for unsolicited booking requests
- Attend to front door for deliveries, 9a – 5p (Mondays) and 9a – 11a Tues – Fri.
- Assist with scheduling and calendar management
- Plan seasonal office gatherings
- Maintain organization of office supplies
- Participate in Workplace Safety Meetings
- Assists Facility Manager and Custodial Staff
- Manage all ticketing, from generating ticketing links through post-event data entry
- Manage all ticketing related inquiries and reservation requests
- Manage all program door lists, wait lists, and cancellations
- Report accurate attendance data for all programs
- Attend weekly programming team meetings to report on admin and box office operations
- Process donations, pledges, and grants
- Generate and archive all donor acknowledgments
- Assist with fundraising mailings, email campaigns, and other solicitations as needed
- Assist Director of External Relations and Executive Director in planning fundraising events and efforts including the Freedom to Write gala and End of Year Campaign.
- Maintain database of contacts in Patron Manager
- One to three years of office, customer service, and/or box office experience, preferably in a nonprofit or community setting
- Experience using the Google Drive suite of tools
- Experience using Microsoft Office, particularly mail merge feature in Word, and carrying quantitative work in Excel using formulas and pivot tables
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues and people with diverse backgrounds
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with strong time management abilities
- Occasional evenings and weekends may be required
- Interest in the arts, human rights, and/or international issues
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), hourly (non-exempt) position. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
City of Asylum Pittsburgh (COA/P) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. It is our policy to be fair and equitable in our relations with our employees and applicants. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions, selection for training opportunities, wage and salary administration, decisions regarding separation from employment, layoffs, returns from layoffs, family care leave, social and recreational programs, and the application of all benefits and policies are based on individual qualifications for the positions being filled, and are also to be administered regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age (40 or older), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, political affiliation, veterans’ status, disabilities (physical and mental), medical condition (including cancer and HIV status), and any other characteristic protected by law.
If, because of a disability, you need accommodations in completing this application or to participate in an interview, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 435-1110.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and put COAP Admin Assistant in the subject line. We will begin reviewing applications on May 13th 2021.
To apply for this job please visit cityofasylum.org.