City of Bridges Community Land Trust
Website City of Bridges Community Land Trust
Job Description: Marketing & Communications Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
City of Bridges CLT (CBCLT) is committed to equitable, sustainable, and permanently affordable development. The mission of City of Bridges CLT is to build community ownership that preserves permanent affordability, empowers individuals, and ensures responsible growth and stewardship. We envision diverse communities where people thrive, build wealth, establish roots, and foster community ties without risk of displacement. As we undertake this important work, we will strive to live our shared values of sustainability, equity, and inclusion and build an effective organizational model for the delivery and stewardship of permanently affordable space.
The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for producing high quality communication(s) to elevate CBCLT’s work to create permanently affordable homes through a lens of economic and racial justice. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of CBCLT’s marketing and communications strategies and reports directly to the Executive Director. CBCLT is a team environment, and this position will work closely with CBCLT’s Stewardship & Community Engagement Manager to support community engagement initiatives and homeowner communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs duties and responsibilities that may include the following tasks:
Marketing & Communications
- Serve as strategic communications thought partner to the CBCLT leadership to ensure messaging is consistent with and supports CBCLT’s strategy and mission.
- Carry out marketing and communications strategies that promote and elevate City of Bridges CLT to local, regional, and national audiences.
- Develop and implement marketing and social media plans
- Analyze, understand, interpret and report on Google analytics, trends and social media impressions for the organization
- Serve as brand steward for City of Bridges CLT.
- Work collaboratively with staff to identify and share tools, resources, and articles that further the cause of Housing and Economic Justice
- Oversee design, production and distribution of digital and print marketing materials and organizational collateral.
- Develop and write content for blog posts, social media, e-newsletters, press releases, and factsheets on various aspects of CBCLT’s work.
- Manage content on City of Bridges CLT website, social media, and e-newsletter accounts.
- Exercise judgment to prioritize media and social media opportunities, coordinating with the appropriate staff to organize and prepare supporting material as needed. Build and maintain working relationships with editorial staff and reporters from local, regional, and national media outlets.
Community Outreach and Member Relations
- Plan and implement CBCLT’s Annual Membership Meeting by coordinating event logistics; managing ticket sales; ensuring efficient event-day processes and procedures; and monitoring event budget.
- Collaborate with CBCLT staff to support and grow City of Bridges’ membership and sponsorship programs.
- Support planning, promoting, coordination, and staffing of community meetings and events, including some evenings and weekends.
- Build and maintain relationships with CBCLT members and other stakeholders and constituents.
- Attend required staff, committee and board meetings; assist with the taking of minutes, preparing of reports, and setting of agendas.
- Assist other members staff with day-to-day office administration.
- Maintain well organized paper and digital records, files and databases.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Abilities
- 2 or more years of experience in communications, marketing, and community outreach.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Google Apps for Business, and database management.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing. Editing, proofreading, and layout and design skills are essential
- Experience with graphic design for print and the web.
- Previous social media and website management experience.
- Familiarity with the Community Land Trusts and affordable housing programs a plus.
- Positive and professional attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to work with diverse population.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small non-profit environment.
- An understanding of social service work, community building and organizing and advocacy.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change, flexible working in a fast-paced, nonprofit environment.
Salary & Benefits:
This is a full-time exempt position and repots to the Executive Director. The salary range is $46,000 – $50,000. City of Bridges CLT offers excellent employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plan contribution, and paid holidays and sick leave.
City of Bridges is an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and represent marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?t=communications+and+marketing+manager&jk=38461bc52f847f76&_ga=2.233158682.585841865.1630626836-1979292228.1627148638&_gac=1.53543386.1627353910.CjwKCAjwuvmHBhAxEiwAWAYj-GRb5GESaLmKU4LSo9WlblCzF8vtjSsRgg15FGZejC28q-KTs7OyPBoCQf8QAvD_BwE
Additional Information about CBCLT:
CBCLT was incorporated in October 2019. To date CBCLT has overseen nearly $6,000,000 of single-family housing development, created 14 permanently affordable homes, and created homeownership opportunities for 16 low and moderate-income first-time homeowners. Additionally, CBCLT has projects in predevelopment that would create 38 permanently affordable homes over the next 18 months in 9 different communities.
This description is a summary of the functions of this position. Other duties may be assigned as needed. The CBCLT reserves the right to review and adjust this job description as business needs dictate.