Climate Reality Project
Website Climate Reality Project
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former US Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time position for a Climate Training Manager to work with the Special Projects team. This team plans, organizes, and executes events, including Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings, designed to give everyday people the knowledge, networks, and tools to solve the climate crisis.
General Overview: The Climate Training Manager is responsible for creating the content and agenda for dynamic and inspirational climate advocacy trainings led by former Vice President Al Gore. The applicant must be steeped in climate policy and an excellent communicator, but also have the organizational skillset to help plan large-scale projects and events. Trainings are currently being held virtually however we do plan to transition back to in-person or hybrid large scale events in the future when it is safe to do so. This work will require domestic and international travel post-pandemic.
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency. Therefore, we will accept remote applicants who work/reside in the following states for the summer 2021 cycle: CA, CO, DC, FL, IL, MA, MD, ME, NC, NY, OR, PA, TN, and VA. Relocating to Washington, DC will be required when our Washington, DC office safely re-opens post-pandemic (exact timing TBD).
Successful applicants must be at least 18 years of age and will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the United States.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing session content, subject-matter, and the agenda for Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings.
- Identifying, vetting, recruiting and preparing speakers for Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings.
- Conducting networking and research, identifying key topics, critical voices, and compelling case studies.
- Coordinating with other departments to ensure that events and projects track with organizational priorities of building the climate movement and mobilizing activists.
- Facilitating and presenting at cross-organizational planning meetings.
- Writing support and briefing materials for both speakers and team leadership.
- Support for other organizational events as needed.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a related field such as Environmental Science and Management, Environmental Justice, Environmental Studies, Environmental Policy and Planning, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a related field.
- A background in environmental education, training development, issue advocacy and/or community organizing.
- Comfortable working with high-profile leaders and representing Climate Reality to external stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable with balancing different asks and priorities.
- Background in virtual and in-person event planning or event management preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to identify challenges and solve problems with creative solutions.
- Experience and awareness of cultural diversity, ability to work effectively with a diverse group of organizations and individuals.
- A dedication to racial justice, environmental justice, and equity.
- Commitment to solving the climate crisis.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
How to Apply:
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, 401K, etc.
$75,000 – $80,000 annual salary
Minimum Education Required:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com