Coalition for Christian Outreach
Website Coalition for Christian Outreach
We seek to transform college students to transform the world.
Our mission is transforming college students to transform the world. We call college students to serve Jesus Christ with their entire lives by:
- Sharing the Gospel with students and developing passionate disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Serving together with the church and inviting students into the lives of local congregations.
- Giving students a vision for serving Jesus Christ in their studies, jobs, communities, and families.
Our vision is to see a generation of college students transformed by the power of Jesus Christ and His Gospel, in partnership with the local church, reaching the world for the glory of God.
- All things belong to God.
- Jesus changes people’s lives.
- We love college students.
- We embrace God’s multiethnic kingdom.
- Faithfulness is pursued together.
- We celebrate life.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
As the Director for Internal Communications, you’ll be working to help staff stay up-to-date regarding the organization’s vision, goals, projects, and executive updates by developing and leading strategic internal and leadership communications programs. You will work across all teams including Marketing, Staff Services, Ministry, Multi-ethnic Ministry, Advancement, and Administration to support the CCO’s mission, ministry, and culture. The ideal candidate will be a skilled storyteller with a knack for interpersonal connections and a passion for crafting experiences. This role will build a strong culture of collaboration to create experiences and clear dialogue that engages, connects, and encourages a connected community of staff.
- Develop and execute a strategic internal and leadership communications plan that aligns messaging with the CCO’s mission, vision, and ministry.
- Proactively identify messaging and communications that will foster employee engagement and transparency across the organization.
- Work cross-functionally across teams in close partnership with the People, Ministry, Advancement, and Administration teams as well as Executive Leadership to execute communication initiatives from concept to delivery.
- Develop and author a variety of internal and leadership communications including presentations, announcements, blogs to be delivered across varying communication channels.
- Manage internal communication channels by creating and maintaining an internal editorial calendar (blogs, newsletters etc.). In collaboration with the Marketing and Communication Team research and develop quotes from people, write stories, shoot videos, and contribute to the Intranet/shared online internal channels.
- Support leadership and organizational meetings by helping craft the messaging and program through agenda, speaker selection, and logistics.
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are optimally communicated to staff and stakeholders by identifying and utilizing employee engagement metrics.
- Utilize current internal communications tools (Slack, etc.) and seek to develop additional resources to further collaboration and community.
- Build – and sometimes deliver – presentations for/at organizational events, such as CCO’s annual internal meetings, etc.
- Draft messages or scripts from senior leadership for presentation to employees in written or spoken form.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization.
- Ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages.
- Respond to feedback from staff and adjust communications content accordingly.
- Manage the internal communication response to crisis situations that affect organizational perception and reputation.
- Advise senior leaders of developments throughout the organization, either face to face or through regular written communication.
- Oversight of organizational change management.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience managing a variety of internal communications.
- 5+ years’ experience in communications or marketing communication channels, including corporate intranets, mobile, and internal social media channels.
- 3+ years’ experience in nonprofit/ministry. Skills & Capabilities
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source stories from employees.
- Strong speaking skills.
- Ability to meaningfully and consistently relay organizational values and goals to staff.
- Well-honed interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Confidence to deal with senior executives and explain communication techniques to them.
- Creative ability to devise communication strategies.
- Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video means of communication.
- Understanding of the ministry and nonprofit sector.
- Nurture growth through regular worship in a local church, prayer, Scripture study, and other spiritual disciplines.
- Displays personal conduct consistent with CCO Statement of Faith, Core Values and the CCO employee handbook.
To apply for this job please visit www.comeet.com.