Website Colgate University
Requisition Number: 2021S011Posting
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Division: Office of Advancement
Department: Advancement Operations
Accountable for reporting and data analysis support for the Institutional Advancement division to advance the university’s short and long-term goals, strategic planning, and operations. Responsibilities include the design of reports to convey complex relational or connected analysis not easily represented in traditional reporting methods. Data comes from a variety of sources and the Analyst is accountable for ensuring that all reports provide consistent, timely, and accurate information for decision makers. Reports go to the Board of Trustees, Cabinet, Campaign Planning Committee, Institutional Advancement management team, volunteers, and donors. The Analyst shares system administration responsibilities for the Raiser’s Edge system as well as serves as the primary staff training for Raiser’s Edge and reporting. The Analyst is accountable for assisting with new technology implementations in the division.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Manages and oversees the development, production, distribution, and maintenance of demographic and fundraising reports for Institutional Advancement:
- Standard reports include: gift and pledges, events, Annual Giving, campaign progress reports
- Creates and manipulates reports in Raiser’s Edge, Crystal Reports, Tableau, or Excel
- Uses visual analytics to deliver information from data sets that are difficult to present through conventional reporting techniques
- Serves as the data resource liaison to campus partners who are in need of Advancement data
- Serves as a member of the data team responsible for the development of the advancement data warehouse
Reaches out to colleagues within the division and campus partners to learn about reporting needs. Designs custom reports:
- Assesses and monitors responses to requests for reporting to ensure information is supplied in a relevant and timely manner
- Provides structured opportunities such as workshops, tutorials, and documentation to help users produce and use reports
- Writes, updates, and distributes report documentation
- Writes user-level documentation for database, reports, queries, exports, etc.
- Analyzes and interprets data to identify coding issues and recommend appropriate methods of resolution. Determine data storage methods for supplemental data
- Builds and implements key data imports using the ImportOmatic tool
- Serves as “first tier” training and support for Advancement users on Raiser’s Edge and reporting tools
- Shares with users the changes, enhancements, problems, and technical plans regarding Raiser’s Edge
- Shares management of the Raiser’s Edge database including adding new users and managing security
- Shares responsibility for supporting new software implementations within the Advancement division
- Performs year-end database diagnostics and cleanup processes
- Experience in developing reports
- Demonstrated ability in analyzing, troubleshooting and solving data analysis problems
- Ability to communicate easily with non-technical users about their needs and provide direction and clarity to improve the quality and functionality of the requested information
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to think strategically
- Ability to independently understand and make use of analytical methodologies and techniques to produce useful information and reports
- Experience with Crystal Reports, Tableau, Raiser’s Edge, and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience from which comparable skills are obtained.
Work Schedule: Weekdays
Job Open Date: 03/26/2021
Job Close Date: 5/2/2021
Open Until Filled
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
CAMPUS CRIME REPORTING AND STATISTICS
The Campus Safety Department will provide upon request a copy of Colgate’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes statistics as reported to the United States Department of Education for the previous three years concerning reported: 1. crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Colgate University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus and 2. fires that occurred in student housing facilities. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and fire safety, such as policies concerning sexual assault, life safety systems, and other related matters. To obtain a copy, contact the Campus Safety Compliance Manager via e-mail at email@example.com. You may also access the report from the Campus Safety web page at: https://www.colgate.edu/offices/support/campussafety.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://apptrkr.com/2208236
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.