About Leeway Foundation
The Leeway Foundation supports women and trans* artists and cultural producers working in communities at the intersection of art, culture, and social change. Through the Foundation’s grantmaking and other programs we promote artistic expression that amplifies the voices of those on the margins, promotes sustainable and healthy communities, and works in the service of movements for economic and social justice.
The Communications & Community Engagement Assistant supports the Leeway Foundation’s communications, outreach and visibility strategies, including print and electronic messaging, event operations, and liaising with community partners and vendors. The Communications & Community Engagement Assistant reports to the Communications Director with input from the Program Director.
Communications Director, with input from the Program Director
- Create and schedule daily/weekly content for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts.
- Grow Leeway’s digital audience of artists, community organizations and fellow grantmakers through knowledge sharing, dialogue, and promotion of Leeway’s activities.
- Manage email campaign system – compose and schedule monthly newsletter, integrate with website and social media, facilitate internal review and editing process.
- Maintain and develop website content.
- Support the implementation of activities related to building and cultivating community relationships, working with the Program Director to identify communities where Leeway would like to increase the Foundation’s visibility.
- Work with Communications Director to create a strategy for promoting public events, information and applicant support sessions.
- Track and evaluate outreach activities, perform analyses and report on methods, attendance, and outcomes.
- Liaise with sites and venues regarding logistical and technical needs (space set up, equipment, registration, childcare & ASL interpretation).
- Manage event planning and registration platform for all events.
- Report on registration and attendee numbers as needed.
- Staff events, provide technical support as needed, and disseminate feedback surveys.
- Assist in the development of Leeway’s annual identity and production of the annual artist book.
- Update and test grant applications and other public forms.
Required Skills and Experience
The successful candidate has excellent writing and editing skills. The position requires an organized, dependable self-starter who can successfully manage a number of tasks and projects, and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, including an ability to communicate well across cultures and to relate effectively to a diverse group of people e.g., applicants, consultants, and vendors.
- Proven time management and problem-solving skills; an ability to thrive working under deadlines and handling multiple tasks while paying close attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic and collaborative approach to work, a sense of humor, a willingness to learn, and be open to new ideas.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining personal and professional integrity, producing quality work and a desire to achieve new levels of effectiveness and impact.
- Experience with public speaking and conducting presentation in a group or audience setting.
- Solid technology skills including proficiency with MS Office Suite and web platforms:
- Expression Engine or other content management system
- Formstack, Eventbrite, Dropbox
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Adobe Creative Suite e.g., Photoshop and InDesign
- Strong knowledge of Philadelphia’s cultural landscape desirable.
- Knowledge of video production and editing, a plus, but not required.
- Experience with database software (e.g., FileMaker Pro or MS Access) a plus.
- English proficiency required. Proficiency in a second language related to grantmaking constituencies desirable (e.g. Spanish)
Comprehensive benefits package. Starting salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send:
- 1-page letter indicating why they are interested and qualified for the position;
- 1- to 2-page writing sample (maximum 1,500 words) that tells more about their experience with and/or interest in art and social change; and
- Names of 3 professional references with contact information
Please submit your materials on or before April 6, 2018 at 6PM EST via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; Subject: Communications & Community Engagement Assistant Search
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com