Dedicated to helping students stay in school & succeed!
Communities In Schools Pittsburgh Allegheny County (CISPAC): CISPAC is a solutions-based organization that builds business and community partnerships and coordinates programs and services to enhance school capacity and ignite student success.
Position Overview: The CISPAC Non-Profit Accountant (NPA) is an essential member of our administrative team. The incumbent takes charge of the day-to-day office operations, manages all aspects, and provides functional support to our remote staff. The NPA is a member of the leadership team and works closely with all members of the CISPAC team. In addition, this position works directly with our accounting firm to manage our financial reporting and bookkeeping needs. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, familiarity with administrative onboarding, non-profit accounting, QuickBooks, and funds reporting experience.
- Completes billing contracts and invoices for our clients to ensure timely payment
- Processes payroll and expense accounts for all staff
- Works in collaboration with leadership to prepare the annual budget
- Prepares and organizes financial reports for leadership and board meetings
- Manages vendor relationships for the organization
- Prepares accounting package for audit firm at year-end
- Supports the human resources for the organization by:
- Enrolling staff in benefits and completing administrative onboarding of new staff
- Ensures that all employees have necessary and updated clearances.
- Liaison for employee benefits
- Maintaining all employee personnel files
- Work with the human resource committee and advisors to schedule potential staff interviews, assist with posting employment ads, and preparing hire letters.
- Ability to interface with remote staff regarding office procedures, check requests, timesheets, expense reports, and other administrative requirements.
- Retains all letters of agreement, contracts, leases, and other legal documents.
- Supports the procurement and maintenance of all business insurance policies.
- Liaison to computer consulting firm, ensuring on-going maintenance, updating of information systems and infrastructure, including hardware, software, and applications.
- Responsible for assignment of and ensuring maintenance for all office equipment and space (i.e., scheduling copier repair, assigning staff computer, or submitting maintenance requests).
- Primary office purchaser for shared resources, liaison for staff purchasing including guiding staff to mindful budgetary spending.
- Additionally, supporting the vetting and procurement of new services capital purchases and leasing.
General CISPAC Responsibilities
- Light phone work
- Provides excellent customer service to both staff and clients
- Participates in designated management team and all staff meetings.
- Participates in the organizational culture of trauma-informed practices using the Sanctuary model (training provided)
- Provides culturally competent and trauma-informed services to all students, families, etc. (training provided)
- Work is onsite versus a remote position
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or another relevant field of study.
- 2+ year’s relevant experience including non-profit accounting required
- Proven ability to provide detailed non-profit accounting/bookkeeping operations management and, human resources administrative support.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Excellent customer service skills combined with a pleasant demeanor via phone and in-person communications
- Detail-oriented with problem-solving and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft computer software required
- Must possess maturity and sensitivity to confidential information
- Professional manner and appearance
Starting Salary: up to $60,000 with a salary review after 6 months.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.