We’re looking for a Community Engagement Coordinator to drive excitement around the Pelotonia mission and inspire participation. As a member of the Community Engagement & Partnerships team, you will assist in the recruitment of participants (Riders, Challengers, and Volunteers), drive fundraising for cancer research, identify trends through general reporting and analysis, and provide exceptional customer service across all aspects of the organization.
You will report to the Director of Community Engagement & Partnerships and be an integral part of the team in our relentless pursuit to raise funds for innovative cancer research. Key responsibilities include:
Peloton recruitment, management, and reporting (40%)
- Assist the Community Engagement team in the identification, prospecting, and recruitment of participants, companies, and community groups to participate in Pelotonia as Riders, Challengers, Volunteers and/or Donors.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies to be utilized by Pelotons and participants with the focus on driving funding for cancer research.
- Assist, as needed, in the execution of events focused on the recruitment or retainment of participants, as well as fundraising for cancer research.
- Serve as the point-person within the Community Engagement team on Salesforce (CRM), working closely with the Strategic Projects Manager.
- Generate and analyze reports focused on participant data, fundraising, etc. that will provide the Community Engagement team with important insight into expanding our mission.
- Provide Peloton-specific reports as needed to captains and other leaders within the Pelotonia community.
Customer service management (30%)
- Provide exceptional customer service to all Pelotonia constituents through in-person interaction at the Pelotonia HQ.
- Manage all inquiries from the Pelotonia community that come through the Pelotonia main phone line and email account.
- Assist the Director of Community Engagement & Partnerships in the execution of all deliverables associated with recognizing the operational partners of the organization.
Stewardship execution (30%)
- Execute the stewardship programs of the Community Engagement team, including initiatives focused on key Partners, Riders, Donors, members of the Pelotonia Momentum Fund, etc.
- Identify new and unique stewardship touchpoints for key constituent groups with the goal of further connection to the Pelotonia mission and brand.
- Assist, as needed, in hosting Stewardship events focused on key members of the Pelotonia community.
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a driven, outgoing, and personable individual who is interested in inspiring others to become a part of the Pelotonia community. You are a creative, thoughtful, and curious learner who has an excellent track record of achievement in roles of increasing responsibility. You will thrive in an environment where every day looks different, and you look forward to evolving alongside a growing non-profit organization. Specific qualifications and qualities include:
- Up to 2 years of experience in customer/client service, retail/product sales, data analytics, or related fields
- Experience with CRM database management (Salesforce preferred)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Inherently seeks out continuous improvement, pursues training to enhance abilities, and seeks advice on how to improve existing processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, well-organized, and results-driven professional
What We Expect
- Embrace and embody the mission, vision, and values of Pelotonia
- Demonstrate a willingness to perform additional duties as requested and assigned
- Exude dependable judgment and impeccable integrity while interfacing with our community
- Temporarily work remotely with access to reliable internet during the hours of 9-5 EST
What You Can Expect
- Base pay range: $40,000 – $45,000
- Annual bonus based on organizational and personal metrics
- Flexible paid time off, up to 10 paid holidays, and an annual winter break between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental for employees, spouses/domestic partners, and dependent children
- 401k Match
- Stipend for monthly phone usage and professional development opportunities
- Applications due by Friday, April 30th
Founded in 2008, Pelotonia was established with the objective to fund innovative cancer research. As a centerpiece of its year-round fundraising efforts, Pelotonia hosts a three-day experience that includes a weekend of cycling, entertainment, and volunteerism. Since its founding, Pelotonia has raised over $200 million for cancer research. Thanks to its generous funding partners Pelotonia directs 100% of every participant-raised dollar to innovative cancer research at OSUCCC-James and The Pelotonia Institute for Immuno-Oncology. For more information, please visit pelotonia.org.
All Pelotonia staff are working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. Staff will operate remotely until Pelotonia communicates a plan for all employees to return safely to the office environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Pelotonia to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, status as a parent, political affiliation, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, and all other factors protected by law.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice
To demonstrate our commitment to health and wellness, Pelotonia will not hire any candidate who uses tobacco or any nicotine product including, but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, pipes, smokeless tobacco, chewing tobacco, snuff or snus, nicotine gum, the nicotine patch or any other kind of nicotine replacement product.
To apply for this job please visit my.hirehive.io.