Computer Reach is searching for a Director of Development. This is a new position and an opportunity to build and grow the fundraising program. Computer Reach is a twenty year old organization that has evolved to where it requires a professional fundraiser to help take it to the next stage of growth.
This will be a full time position with benefits. The Director of Development reports directly to the Executive Director and, through him, to the Board of Directors. The expected salary range is $50,000-$60,000 annually, based on experience.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- In consultation with the Executive Director and appropriate board committees, develop the strategy for all aspects of the organization’s fundraising
- Craft plans for individual, foundation, corporate, and government funding campaigns
- Schedule and assist with pitch and proposal meetings with prospective donors and funders
- Establish and maintain relationships with foundation officers, corporate community development departments, and individual donors
- Write grant proposals and meet all related reporting and compliance requirements
- Develop goals and objectives, monitor progress, and report on results
- Promote and create a positive reputation for Computer Reach in the community
- Develop and grow a major gifts program, including identification, cultivation and solicitation
- Develop a robust planned giving initiative
- Ensure all donations are properly documented and that acknowledgments are personalized and sent in a timely manner
Skills and Experience required
- A bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of professional fundraising experience
- Proven experience of raising funds from a variety of sources
- Knowledge and experience with fundraising techniques and processes
- A passion for motivating board, staff and others to volunteer and donate
- Knowledge of and experience with the Pittsburgh fundraising culture
- Experience with fundraising management and CRM systems
- Strong organizational ability and attention to detail
- Excellent writing, communications and presentation skills
- A collaborator with creative ideas to address challenges and goals
- A self-motivated, self-starter with a drive to meet goals and objectives
TO APPLY, email a Cover Letter, Resume, and 3 References (names and contact information) with the subject line Director of Development search to Searchcommittee@computerreach.org. Please refer directly to the specific responsibilities and skills in the job description in your cover letter.
Computer Reach is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com