Confluence Ballet Co.
Website Confluence Ballet Co.
Confluence Ballet Company is a Pittsburgh-based 501(c)3 nonprofit professional ballet company.
Mission: To provide the community with ballet performance and education of the highest caliber while nurturing artists in an inclusive, diverse environment of both tradition and innovation.
Vision: To create a space in the dance community where artists and their wellbeing and individual perspectives are prioritized in order to foster more creativity, growth, and expansion in the performing arts, specifically the world of ballet.
- Artistic Excellence and Integrity
- Positive Artist Experience
- Dedication & Work Ethic
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Ensuring Respect and Accessibility
- Celebrating Creativity
Confluence Ballet Company board members are unpaid volunteers.
The overarching responsibility of a Confluence Ballet Company board member is to ensure our organizational mission is faithfully executed, in pursuit of achieving our vision, and in full accordance with our values.
As faithful stewards of Confluence Ballet Company, our board members have core ethical responsibilities and duties to the organization, including:
- Duty of Care: active participation in planning and decision-making, using your best efforts to make sound and informed judgments for the organization.
- Duty of Loyalty: when acting on behalf of the organization, placing its interests before your own personal concerns, while identifying and avoiding conflicts of interest.
- Duty of Obedience: ensuring the organization complies with applicable laws and regulations.
- Fiduciary Duty: oversee the organization’s operations to ensure financial well-being and fulfillment of its mission in a manner compliant with the law.
In addition, Confluence Ballet Company board members shall:
- Actively participate in (in person or via telephone/Internet connection) at least 75 percent of the board meetings each year. (The board is currently convening once each month.)
- Make a personal financial contribution (on contribution in kind) to the organization at a level that is personally meaningful (currently no set minimum).
- Actively participate in partner development and fundraising activities (currently no set personal target).
- Actively assist and mentor the dancers performing organizational functions such as artistic planning and programming, financial management, legal compliance, marketing, community outreach, grant-writing, logistics, etc.
- Stay informed of the organization’s work and finances. When necessary, request information needed to properly perform duties.
- Work and communicate with other board members in good faith to make decisions for the good of the organization.
- Positively represent and support the organization to the public.
- Abide by the organization’s bylaws, including excusing oneself from discussions involving conflict of interest.
- Keep confidential those elements of board discussions which are of a sensitive nature, and which have not been approved for external use.
Confluence Ballet Company is seeking board members with knowledge, experience and willingness to be actively engaged in one or more of the following areas:
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Employee wellness
- Nonprofit governance
- Nonprofit finance and accounting
- Fundraising and grant-writing
- Human resources
- Business development
- Legal compliance
- Event planning
- Arts and sports management
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org