Connecting Champions is a nonprofit that asks kids & young adults with cancer, “What do you want to be when you grow up?” and connects them with a mentor and friend for the cancer journey. Based in Pittsburgh, we expanded our physical program this year to a second location, West Virginia, and launched a virtual program in five cities (and counting) across the country.
The Administrative Assistant is the glue of the organization and works closely with our Executive Director. By keeping all systems organized, managing administrative & donor stewardship duties, assisting all staff, and coordinating our fundraisers, this coworker will help keep our nonprofit efficient and successful. The Administrative Assistant must be able to multitask, anticipate the Executive Director’s needs, demonstrate initiative and problem-solve, as well as keep the nonprofit ultra organized.
The job will be approximately 20 hours per week. The schedule is flexible, but the majority of hours must be during the core business hours of 9am to 4pm ET. Work can be done remotely, but in-person assistance (in Pittsburgh) will be needed during the days leading up to our fundraisers. If travel is necessary, it will be reimbursed.
The role will be comprised of the following tasks:
- Being the person responsible for keeping our nonprofit & its systems organized
- Assisting the Executive Director regularly (everything from helping with emails to brainstorming ideas together)
- Being the first point of contact for people inquiring about the program
- Coordinating our project management software (Asana)
- Doing basic accounting and payroll (Quickbooks), as well as tax forms
- Being the point person to the marketing agency we use, donors, and student groups
- Running errands and answering the phone
- Researching and learning skills for new opportunities that arise for the organization
- Making sure our website is up-to-date
- Assisting with the designing of brochures, invitations, marketing materials, etc.
- Other administrative/office duties, as needed
- Assisting with donor stewardship (maintaining donor database, writing thank you notes, etc.)
- Coordinating our annual fundraisers and being the point person for the planning committees
- Other fundraising duties, as needed
- Helping program staff find mentors in the community (web searching, cold calling, screening, etc.)
- Maintaining matching database
- Assisting program staff with any needs they have
- Hours — Approximately 20 hours per week, mostly during the core business hours of 9am-4pm.
- Benefits — Retirement Match
- Location — Remote and/or Pittsburgh office in East Liberty
- Reporting — Report to the Executive Director
- Deep attention to detail
- Experience as an administrative assistant
- Ability to pivot from task to task throughout the day
- Comfort with Google Suite (gmail, docs, drive, etc.)
- Comfort with large spreadsheets
- Comfort with videochatting (Google Meet & Zoom)
- Ability to run errands
- Ability to come to Pittsburgh during the days leading up to our fundraisers
- Excellence in keeping things organized
- Background succeeding both independently & in teams
- Confidence with cold-calling and communicating in all forms: calls/texts/emails/in-person
- Ability to pass background checks
- Flu shot, TB test, and all requested clearances
- [optional] Experience with event planning, design, writing, social media
To apply for this job please visit www.connectingchampions.org.